R.I.P. Davy Jones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
He passed away this morning after suffering a heart attack. The entertainment world lost someone who brought a lot of joy to the world.

I read this, too. So. sad. They had started a tour, that suddenly stopped. Wish I could have seen them live.

I loved watching the Monkees when I was a kid. The show was hilarious, and they had some decent music. Sad. RIP, Davy Jones.

Last edited:
142722.bmp

I read this, too. So. sad. They had started a tour, that suddenly stopped. Wish I could have seen them live.
My wife and I saw one of their final concerts last year here in the Twin Cities. They actually sounded pretty good. But what's kind of weird is that we remarked on the way home that night that both Davy Jones and Micky Dolenz looked completely stressed out. "High strung" was the phrase my wife used.

I had heard that the remainder of their tour was canceled about a month after we saw them. No official reason was ever mentioned. I think the rumor at the time was that Micky might have been overindulging in drink, but now, with Davy Jones death, it makes me wonder if health problems might have been to blame. Or perhaps they were just stressed and burned out on the whole touring live thing.

In any case, it's unfortunate.

I have always liked the Monkeys and Davy was my favourite. For being the first "formula boy's group" they did okay for themselves. Some Monkey facts most of you probably already know.

- Mike Nesmith's mother invented liquid paper when, as a secretary, she got tired of having to retype letters because of mistakes.

- David Bowie changed his last name from Jones so that he wouldn't be mistaken for the other "English Davy Jones".

- They were all hired for their looks and voices. They fought to play their own instruments, pick music and tour - basically to exist outside the television series.

Davy Jones, I will miss you!

Back
Top Bottom