Rachael Ray Talk Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
Although I've enjoyed using one of her cookbooks, don't really like her overly-bubbly-I'm-on-crack" personality on her Food Network shows.

Now they're uberadvertising her new TALK SHOW on the Fox network. Save us, please.

Like we can almost nearly stand the what, 4-5 shows she has on Food Network?? Now she has a TALK show??? I'd vomit, but I'm afraid I'd choke on it.

She seems to be one of those people who fears that if she makes a joke people won't get that she's joking, so she compulsivly laughs way to loud after every slightly humourous comment she makes.

Banana Brain said:
She seems to be one of those people who fears that if she makes a joke people won't get that she's joking, so she compulsivly laughs way to loud after every slightly humourous comment she makes.

she was so much better in her old shows,poised,less talkative.She was even skinnier before,i think she has gained a lot of weight over the years,and with that,she has become much more talkative,her face expressions are extravagant,her hands move all the time...i dont know she seems never to be at peace.i'd love to see her talk less,and less loudly,and smile softly instead of laughing out loud every 2 seconds.i liked her a lot a few years back.She annoys me a great deal now.

While I don't wish to discount her abilities, I must say, she's annoyed me from the first time I saw her.

The female singer I work with, however, has exactly the opposite opinion. She loves Rachael, and hates Alton Brown. Most of the other people I've spoken with in person like her as well. I was therefore quite surprised to recently find there are whole websites dedicated to reviling her. Surprised, but not entirely displeased. :)

Yes, her incessant laughter annoys me. I don't particularly worry about her "talking with her hands", I do that a lot myself. I also don't worry much about all the other things most people cite. What really bothers me is the same, fundamental thing that bothers me about Emeril. I really have no evidence of this, but my nearly five decades on the earth makes me pretty sure, nonetheless. They both look and act as if they are fully capable of getting really nasty if anyone gets in their way.

Doc Gibbs, the bandleader on Emeril's show, has said on camera Emeril can play drums, and I have seen Emeril say that if he wasn't a chef, he'd follow his "other talent" and play drums. I've also seen Emeril "jamming" with the band. Let me tell you, speaking as a musician, the guy is decidedly not a drummer.

I think Emeril tells his people to say these things, and can get really mean if they don't. (As in "You want to keep this cushy gig where you don't even have to play my theme music? Then you say what I tell you to say!")

Rachael apparently doesn't claim to play drums, but to me she has the same look.

Kelly

I really enjoy Rachael. I can see why so many people get annoyed by her, but thankfully that sort of thing just rolls off my back. I had a very good friend in high school who had the same sort of personality. My other friends would run the other way (seriously) when they saw her coming. She was a very dear friend of mine though even if she did talk non stop.

Kelly I am worried that you are sort of judging a book by its cover in a way. From everything I know of Emeril, he is a very kind person and goes out of his way for the people he works with. Once of our members here even met him while on vacation. He and his wife were at the same restaurant. The member (sorry I forgot who it was ) raved about how nice Emeril was and only had very good things to say about him.

OK lets get this back on topic and away from the I like/dislike RR thing. WE have done that to death here in many many threads.

I have not seen her talkshow and probably never will. I am not one for those types of shows. I bet she will have a very big following with it though.

that emeirl or rachel can cook is a given, we've seen it here or there. But now that they are personalities...puhleeuhz ... once a day is enough ... 30 min, $40, and now a talk show?? gag.........

prefer tyler or mario

Rachel can, at times, exhibit certain quirks that many folks find a little annoying. I know I do... but I am able to overlook those foibles because I think she has something to offer and is (for the most part) pleasant and likeable. I don't know how anyone can actually dislike or spend time reviling her on web forums. Why expend the energy on the negativity? If you don't like, don't watch.

KellyM said:
...I think Emeril tells his people to say these things, and can get really mean if they don't. (As in "You want to keep this cushy gig where you don't even have to play my theme music? Then you say what I tell you to say!")...

Are you basing this conjecture on anything valid or did you just let your imagination run wild?

Emeril was an amateur musician as a teen and was enrolled in music school (can't remember which one) when he decided to follow his love for cooking. He never was a pro.

I made one of her thirty minute meals two nights ago, gazpacho with marinated shrimp. It took a freaking hour and a half. I can't really blame Racheal though, because she doesn't know I have a stubborn food processer.
It wasn't that great though, it was two hot just because of this one type of yucky tasting pepper in the recipe.

The only way I can describe the way I feel about Rachel is by this one example:

When I was in Israel I ate this kugel, it is noodle cooked and then baked for a long time, like over night. It was called Yerushalmi kugel, because it is very specific for the Jerusalem, though probably not exclusive. It has this interesting taste it is made with melted sugar, almost like candy and spice, and I mean a lot of sugar and a lot of spice. So it is a phenomenal experience, imagine eating super sweet cake that was spicy at the same time. Well, I do not like very spicy foods, especially if it is black pepper, and this dish was very spicy, but it was so sweet I couldn’t stop eating, hating and loving it at the same time.

I like to watch Rachel’s shows but hate every minute of it, well sort of like that if any of that makes any sense.

Yes she can be irritating. So can everyone else. But I do like her. I just can't see her as a talk show host.

I guess I'll end up being drawn to watching her talk show ONCE - just like one is drawn to driving slowly past a car wreck. But I already know that there is no way I'm going to be able to stomach it after that.

The only reason I occasionally tune into her "30-Minute Meals" is when she's making something that interests me - otherwise, I just can't stand it. I never watch her other shows, since they really don't have much to do with cooking/recipes.

Something that truly hits me like fingernails on a chalkboard? When she's making a sandwich on a show. It's never a sandwich, it's a "sammy". For God's sake, the woman is 30+ years old. It's a SANDWICH, not a SAMMY - unless you're Age 6. And she feels the need to repeat the word umpteen times during the show. The same thing with her made-up word "Shtoup" (a thick soup - part stew, part soup) - how cute. But how many times do we have to hear the word AND the explanation in one 30-minute period?

Rachael reminds me of myself! LOL ... kiddin I don't mind her cooking shows but NOT a talk show. She would run over a two hour show and never finish. When is her show going on air?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom