Rachael Ray to do the Iron chef show....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of our esteemed admins (with very bad taste in women)

edited to say that I don't mean to slam your taste (or MJ's, 'cuz he could boot me outa here in a heartbeat), but I just don't see it w/Rachel. However, as a woman, it's notta my issue.

Last edited:
mudbug said:
One of our esteemed admins (with very bad taste in women)

edited to say that I don't mean to slam your taste (or MJ's, 'cuz he could boot me outa here in a heartbeat), but I just don't see it w/Rachel. However, as a woman, it's notta my issue.
:mrgreen: I like to watch Rachael Ray because... because... I just do! And LOL @ you Mudbug, you like da Bears.:-p

Just a friendly reminder to everyone... I will not allow anyone to make fun of or bash any of our friends over at the Food network. This has caused trouble in the past and it will not be tolerated at this site. "Hateful" posts will be deleted without notice.

Thanks!:chef:

I've got your back on this one, Raven; I have always thought, from Day One (from a Food Network POV), that Rachael Ray is one of the cutest little thangs ever to come down the pike. Does she know what she's doing? Usually. Is she Iron Chef (American, Japanese, or otherwise) material? Not by a longshot.

But I do like her...as a TV personality, I find her amusing and entertaining. And By Golly, I like that Caboose, too :angel:

As for Alton Brown (we, his Followers, call him A.B.): The man is a bit of a sawed-off squirt, but he DOES know what he's talking about, and the science behind his presentation is always sound. I don't need to know (necessarily) the Etymology of the Shish Kebab in human history, but it is interesting to know....heck, I might be on Jeopardy one day! But I do make it a point to watch Good Eats whenever it's on, if I possibly can.

Entertainment, education, and (often very tongue-in-cheek) humor....my kind of show!

(I agree also that pretty much ANYBODY could have been the emcee of ICA. Alton's expertise is essentially wasted...I suspect he was picked for the part because he's recognizable)

My 2 cents...and worth every penny!!

--J

240brickman said:
I've got your back on this one, Raven; I have always thought, from Day One (from a Food Network POV), that Rachael Ray is one of the cutest little thangs ever to come down the pike. Does she know what she's doing? Usually. Is she Iron Chef (American, Japanese, or otherwise) material? Not by a longshot.

But I do like her...as a TV personality, I find her amusing and entertaining. And By Golly, I like that Caboose, too :angel:

As for Alton Brown (we, his Followers, call him A.B.): The man is a bit of a sawed-off squirt, but he DOES know what he's talking about, and the science behind his presentation is always sound. I don't need to know (necessarily) the Etymology of the Shish Kebab in human history, but it is interesting to know....heck, I might be on Jeopardy one day! But I do make it a point to watch Good Eats whenever it's on, if I possibly can.

Entertainment, education, and (often very tongue-in-cheek) humor....my kind of show!

(I agree also that pretty much ANYBODY could have been the emcee of ICA. Alton's expertise is essentially wasted...I suspect he was picked for the part because he's recognizable)

--J

I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to figure out what this meant. Was ICA a culinary school? Did AB go there? Emcee? Huh???

OK, I get it now. It's late. I am tired from work. lol

Alton rules. So does this forum.

RJ

240brickman said:

--J

I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to figure out what this meant. Was ICA a culinary school? Did AB go there? Emcee? Huh???

OK, I get it now. It's late. I am tired from work. lol

Alton rules. So does this forum.

RJ

I agree. Alton is far too educated for a mere emcee position. Frankly, I like it cause as I watch ICA, I am learning myself from his expertise! As long as he's willing to share, I'm willing to listen and learn!

ICA= Iron Chef America :chef:

AB FANS OF AMERICA... UNITE! AB-Fab! :ROFLMAO:

Right On Brickman! :mrgreen: I love all that kitchen chemistry (and the humor is great) and I love undetanding why something works instead of just "that" it works.

Also I'm kinda burned out on all those cooking shows where they just get up there and read recipes off cue cards not to mention the fact that most of those shows make things no one in the family would touch with a 10 foot pole, AB shows us how to make the things we make every day, better, kinda like the culinary version of BASF :LOL:

For me, whenever I'm making an emulsion of any kind my mind starts visualizing those styrofoam balls with all the push pins stuck in them ha ha.

~ Raven ~

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom