Rachael Rays new talk show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
Not sure if anyone started this topic yet or not, so I do apologize if this is a duplicate thread.

Has anyone watched it? What did you think? I thought it was ok.

Before this topic gets going, I am going to jump in with a preemptive strike. There is to be NO Rachael Ray bashing of any kind in this thread! Thank you.

amber

We do not get "Rachael Rays Talk Show" here in California. Is it a good talk show and do they interview many guests and celebrities?

Jill and Jolie

GB said:
Before this topic gets going, I am going to jump in with a preemptive strike. There is to be NO Rachael Ray bashing of any kind in this thread! Thank you.

Yes I completely agree. I should have mentioned that in my thread.

I have not seen it but it is on TV in San Diego. KGTV ABC channel 10 at 9:00 AM.
Is it a food talk show or a general talk? It is in place of Tony D'Anza's talk show that I never saw either. The View follows but I quit watching. One could spend all day watching talk shows and never get any cookin' done! No I do not want a TV in the kitchen the computer is close enough to distract me!!

I like that the set moves. I do not know if I like the show or not yet.

I can get four different daytime talk shows at the same time in her timeslot in my local area.

Swann, its a combination of general talking with the audience and those that emailed her, and a very small bit about cooking, but I think she pretty much changes the format of the show each day so it's not boring.

kleenex, yea I like the revolving set too, and I dont really know if I like the show alot, but it's ok, and there are alot of talk shows on at the same time here too so it's very competitive. One talk show that is really bad that just started recently is Meagan Mellany (used to be on Will and Grace), wow, IMO, that was very boring and nothing unique.

I was totally prepared to dislike RR's show based on the promos I'd seen. I watched about a half hour today and found that it really wasn't bad. She seems very natural and comfortable and a bit like the goofy neighbor across the hall. I don't generally watch daytime TV but I'd tune in if I could. I wish her luck with this new show.

Hopefully this will not be perceived as bashing. I freely admit to watching hours of 30 minute meals and even printing out several recipes. I do not care for the format of her travelogue $40 a day but I certainly have watched it too, for reasons of learning about the regions and foods of the USA.

The New York Times TV review today of Ms Ray's talk show is not negative, but it mimics the frenetic pace of the show... quoting Ms Stanley, "the young woman who was 'helping' her ..via the internet, in what the show calls an 'iChat,' didn't get a word in edgewise. As Ms. Ray put it at the opening of the show, 'If there is one thing I can do it's talk."

Obviously, those who like her, will like the show which plays to her strengths and personality. Those who don't care for her style, are not required to watch, as far as I know.

Teleri said:
I was totally prepared to dislike RR's show based on the promos I'd seen. I watched about a half hour today and found that it really wasn't bad. She seems very natural and comfortable and a bit like the goofy neighbor across the hall. I don't generally watch daytime TV but I'd tune in if I could. I wish her luck with this new show.

Same here Teleri, I thought the promos for her show were not so good and thought the actual show was better.

Robo410 said:
Hopefully this will not be perceived as bashing. I freely admit to watching hours of 30 minute meals and even printing out several recipes. I do not care for the format of her travelogue $40 a day but I certainly have watched it too, for reasons of learning about the regions and foods of the USA.

The New York Times TV review today of Ms Ray's talk show is not negative, but it mimics the frenetic pace of the show... quoting Ms Stanley, "the young woman who was 'helping' her ..via the internet, in what the show calls an 'iChat,' didn't get a word in edgewise. As Ms. Ray put it at the opening of the show, 'If there is one thing I can do it's talk."

Obviously, those who like her, will like the show which plays to her strengths and personality. Those who don't care for her style, are not required to watch, as far as I know.

I dont perceive this as bashing, perhaps your first reply was such, but it was my fault for not saying what type of thread this was/is. I am not very keen on RR fourty $ a day so much either, but as you said it's great to learn the different regions and cuisines. The ichat was in regards to a young woman who was about to give birth and could not attend the show but loves RR and wanted to be there, so RR and staff set up an ichat for her, and sometimes connections with ichats are slow. True enough, that if anyone likes RR they will watch the show and those that dont will not.

Not RR bashing, but not much else left to say. She is very good at what she does; nothing wrong with zoning out to fluff, but the slicker the Food Network gets, the less substance to be found.

D_Blackwell said:
Not RR bashing, but not much else left to say. She is very good at what she does; nothing wrong with zoning out to fluff, but the slicker the Food Network gets, the less substance to be found.

I will have to respectfully disagree - you just have to overlook it to find the substance. Those that like entertainment will be entertained; those that like to cook will find something to cook.

I missed Rachel's talk show. In fact, I didn't know it was on this soon. Today, online, I saw an interview with her on GMA. I'd like to watch her at least once to see how she does. She has the gift of gab, so if that doesn't fail her, she'll probably do well.

Back
Top Bottom