Raised Eyebrows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Do you have a food that when you eat it, others like my kids used to do, look at you out of the corner of their eye and when they can't stand it anymore, ask, Ma, why are you eating wedged tomatoes with your scrambled eggs? I get the same look in the winter when not having nice sun ripe tomatoes I dunk my scrambled eggs in ketchup:wacko: DH really gets them when we have soup, Ma how come dad chew his soup?:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Well kids, it all started, to get back at two older twin brothers who use to scare the dickens out of him at bedtime!!! He still chews his soup:LOL: Youngest daughter will not eat french fries with her fingers, has to have a fork!!!
OKay enough about this bunch of goofs, what about YOU:LOL: :LOL:
kadesma

i like tomatoes w/ my eggs, too, lol.

there are plenty of things i'll eat that other people just don't see as yummy.
one of my favortes is steamed chicken and a side of black beans and some romaine lettuce w/ red wine vinegar. i ate that almost daily when i was like 18. but my Pap didn't think it sounded so good-sounding.
i like some different peanut butter-based sammiches. pb and pickles, pb and bacon, (neither of which is all that uncommon) and my new favorite, peanut butter and hot sauce with pickles. i had to omit a thing or two from that one cause it just didn't need the extra ingredients.
and i like ensure mixed w/ protein powder and milk.
i used to like kluski noodles with milk and sugar when i was a kid, too.
there are other foods, too.

I don't feel like such a lone ranger now Middie:LOL: I love ice cold peaches, with a light sprinkle of sugar and toast for breakfast, that gets a few snorts around here:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Luvs, you and Middie, make me feel normal:LOL: Now, some of those p/b combos sound very interestinggggggg:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Tomato sauce on fried eggs (in my family its normal but I have been looked at in horror) Christmas leg ham (off the bone) on a sandwich with apricot jam really yummy but never any other takers!
My brother wouldn't eat meat as a child so he had vegetables all mixed up with peanut butter every night for dinner.

I dip my sliced half-ripe mango in soy sauce and vinegar.

I like salt on all my melons. One thing that my hubby introduced me to is mayonnaise toast. Sounds nasty but it's really good, just take a piece of whit bread, toast it & slather on the mayo! I also like my hashbrowns with cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, & hot sauce. But the one thing that gest the highest raised eyebrows out of my son & hubby is when I eat creamed spinich over toast.

Dove, That's one of my fav. snacks. Have you tried the Okinawa sweet potatoes? They are the ones that are a royal purple color when cooked.

mrsmac said:
Tomato sauce on fried eggs (in my family its normal but I have been looked at in horror) Christmas leg ham (off the bone) on a sandwich with apricot jam really yummy but never any other takers!
My brother wouldn't eat meat as a child so he had vegetables all mixed up with peanut butter every night for dinner.

I'd try that ham and apricot jam in a heartbeat:) It sounds delicious.
kadesma

I like cold fried chicken. I even knew of a Fried Chicken place back in OK that would sell cold fried chicken at half price. In retrospect, it was probably the previous day's leftover chicken.

When I was a kid, I would pick all the ingredients out the cheese on top of pizza, then eat the cheese, then the crust. Now, I just eat pizza normally.

I raise my eyebrows and try not to gag when my husband puts mayonnaise on his pinto beans - I have tried it so I have every right now to raise my eyebrows!!!!!! :sick:

I sometimes get raised eyebrows when I dip my French fries in mustard - but I like malt vinegar too on them but that doesn't get raised eyebrows.

ok, I just read the vegetables mixed up with peanut butter - that's a new one and I will probably never hear that again!!!!!! wow - that's one way to get protein I guess!!!!!

My sister used to eat Miracle Whip on toast. I could go along with that if she'd slap a slice of bologna on it or something but no... just smear some Miracle whip on toast and munch. :ermm:

My sisters were teasing me at my Grandmothers house when I was about 7 that I could eat ketchup on anything, even Cranberry Sauce. So to gross them out I tried it, and loved it. :mrgreen: After that I used to do it just to get a reaction out of them, then remind them that they're the one's that came up with the recipe :angel:

~ Raven ~

Back
Top Bottom