"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #41
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

My RAK for myself has me zipping around, I'll be able to hit the halls faster today, handing out my hugs, etc.

I'm letting Shrek have the car today and I remembered to give him the money to fill the gas tank.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #42
Everymom

I think I need to be the recipient of a RAK today. I am so sick of snow and winter and BLAH!

Seriously though, I'm on my way out the door and I'm keeping my eyes open for an opportunity to be nice today. I figure maybe it will make ME feel better if I'm nice to someone else.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #43
Head Chef

I'm sending warm weather to Edmonton, so winter goes away soon.. I guarantee results within 3 months.

My friend that tows cars, offered to tow my car for only $110. Then a complete stranger towed it for free and offered and paid me $225 for it.

I bought lunch for my police officer friend, he was hit by a car on duty, and having difficulty getting around. He uses a cane, so I helped carry his plates and bowls from the buffet so he could use his cane. Who wouldn't help this kind of person?

Making some mac and cheese, with smoked ham sandwiches and tomato soup for the weary at my house.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #44
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post
I'm sending warm weather to Edmonton, so winter goes away soon.. I guarantee results within 3 months.

My friend that tows cars, offered to tow my car for only $110. Then a complete stranger towed it for free and offered and paid me $225 for it.

I bought lunch for my police officer friend, he was hit by a car on duty, and having difficulty getting around. He uses a cane, so I helped carry his plates and bowls from the buffet so he could use his cane. Who wouldn't help this kind of person?

Making some mac and cheese, with smoked ham sandwiches and tomato soup for the weary at my house.
Always be nice to our Police Officer friends...Shrek got pulled over for missing a stop sign...the Policeman was a friend of mine, he looked in the window, asked me if I knew this joker and let him off with a warning. He told me later that he probably would have given Shrek the ticket if he hadn't recognized me.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #45
Everymom

blissful, thanks for the warm weather! I hope it arrives soon! My good deeds for the day were to leave a loonie in a cart for a random stranger, pick up a 2lb basket of strawberries that a lady dropped on the floor, and to arrange a lovely fruit plate for my kiddos when they got home from school. My good deed for ME is sitting down with a purring kitty beside me. Ahhhhh!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
blissful, thanks for the warm weather! I hope it arrives soon! My good deeds for the day were to leave a loonie in a cart for a random stranger, pick up a 2lb basket of strawberries that a lady dropped on the floor, and to arrange a lovely fruit plate for my kiddos when they got home from school. My good deed for ME is sitting down with a purring kitty beside me. Ahhhhh!
for all the non Canucks: a loonie is a one dollar coin

What kind of cart? The kind at the grocery store where you have to put money to get the cart?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #47
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post

What kind of cart? The kind at the grocery store where you have to put money to get the cart?

Yep, the little produce store I visit (AMAZING prices) has grocery carts that need a loonie instead of a quarter.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post

I've used those in Florida, except they only used a quarter.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #49
Everymom

Heh heh heh. Not sure if this counts but I carried my geriatric, diabetic kitty up the stairs today. LOL! She just looked like she was working up the energy to climb the stairs so I thought I'd help.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #50
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Heh heh heh. Not sure if this counts but I carried my geriatric, diabetic kitty up the stairs today. LOL! She just looked like she was working up the energy to climb the stairs so I thought I'd help.
Cat: I was, just sitting there, getting my energy back after the grueling climb and partial roll down the stairs, when my hoomin picked me up and carried me back up them. Sheesh!