Random Act of Kindness - start the wave DC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Tis the season to see the grumpies piling up. The snow is starting, people are madly shopping, there is a lot of rumbling and grumbling about little things. I find myself being a touch crankier than usual. I decided to do something simple to cheer myself up. I did a Random Act of Kindness. When I went out to my car today, I was brushing the snow off the windshield and scraping (an everlasting chore in Edmonton in the winter) and decided to do the car next to me in the lot too. I have no idea whose car it was, nor if they will even notice that someone did them a good turn. What matters is that I know it, and I hope too that they will do a little something nice for someone too. I'm going to do something like that everyday. Anyone want to join me?

i haven't been anywhere to do anything. my granddaughter took her four year old to walmart today. she helped her mom pick out gifts and food to donate. she said , her kid didn't need anymore toys and had plenty to eat . i think this is just wonderful. oh yes she picked me up a tree while there. such a sweet sweet person. i am proud to know her.

I think you can do something no matter where you are. It can be as simple as saying something nice to someone who needs a pick me up on here.

I think you can do something no matter where you are. It can be as simple as saying something nice to someone who needs a pick me up on here.

I hadn't thought about that. So I guess I did one when I gave karma to a newbie I liked, so they wouldn't have that one lonely green box.

Now that I know I did one, I do feel good about it.

Thanks, Alix

Last edited:
Good for you Alix!

It's funny you mentioned doing something where you are. I am alone all week, with no way to go anywhere, but I had just decided this morning that I need to make a special point of saying something to each of my online friends every day (not all of them every day, but at least a few a day).

Thank you for reminding me!

:)Barbara

How about I just report the good things that ramdomly happened to me today.

I was honored for my 10 years of service, roses and a ten year pin.

The Dietary Manager noticed I couldn't eat the ham and she made me a special dish for my lunch at the facility Christmas Party. It was good. She even chopped up some shrimp cocktail for me.

Somebody cleaned off my car.:wub:

I had such a wonderful, joy filled day!

Shrek and I have been anonymously donating to the food drives and Angel trees all around town, for the last two weeks.

You were well blessed today as you deserve to be.

Thanks for making me laugh today. You got me LOL a lot today. Especially the spiral ham reply. That one was a belly buster.:clap:

Laughter IS the best medicine.:kiss:

Last edited:
How about I just report the good things that ramdomly happened to me today.

I was honored for my 10 years of service, roses and a ten year pin.

The Dietary Manager noticed I couldn't eat the ham and she made me a special dish for my lunch at the facility Christmas Party. It was good. She even chopped up some shrimp cocktail for me.

Somebody cleaned off my car.:wub:

I had such a wonderful, joy filled day!

Shrek and I have been anonymously donating to the food drives and Angel trees all around town, for the last two weeks.

No doubt you would have a houseful of roses if all those who have benefited from and enjoyed your good humor over those ten years were to show their appreciation. I'm sure there were endless silent thanks.

My late husband had a terrible needle phobia but unfortunately also had illness that required regular blood workups. There was one wonderful woman who besides being very good at her job was just so pleasant and calming. He did thank her sincerely each time, and I hope folks remember to thank you. :flowers:

What does this mean? Do you pay to use carts?

When I lived in Charlotte NC, the Aldi store there had a pay-to-use system. There was a coin slot connected to a light chain that secured the cart. Put in a quarter to release. I seem to recall that you get your coin back when you return the cart, but am not certain of that.

I've not seen any of that system down here in FL, am surprised to hear of it up way North.

No doubt you would have a houseful of roses if all those who have benefited from and enjoyed your good humor over those ten years were to show their appreciation. I'm sure there were endless silent thanks.

My late husband had a terrible needle phobia but unfortunately also had illness that required regular blood workups. There was one wonderful woman who besides being very good at her job was just so pleasant and calming. He did thank her sincerely each time, and I hope folks remember to thank you. :flowers:

I usually ask folks if they pass out at the sight of blood, when they say, "No" I tell them, "Oh Good, because I do and you can catch me." Makes them laugh and relax. I get lots of thanks and hugs.

I love my job!:wub:

It wasn't me! But I'm glad you noticed. I left my cart undone so someone could have a freebie when they go for groceries.

I'm usually the car cleaner, yesterday I parked in front of the building. I'll be looking all day for things to do for others.

When I lived in Charlotte NC, the Aldi store there had a pay-to-use system. There was a coin slot connected to a light chain that secured the cart. Put in a quarter to release. I seem to recall that you get your coin back when you return the cart, but am not certain of that.

I've not seen any of that system down here in FL, am surprised to hear of it up way North.

I recently moved from FL and several ALDI had just opened. Same cart system, and yes you get your quarter back.

What does this mean? Do you pay to use carts?
Yep, at most grocery stores you need to pay a quarter to use the cart. It prevents cart theft. LOL, in theory anyway!

did that. did not realize it counted . :innocent:
Of COURSE it counts! Doing something nice at anytime in anyway counts. Sometimes I think we forget that the simplest things mean the most to people. Babe, you're ALWAYS making people happy around here.

I cleaned off another car today. Holy CRAP did we get a lot of snow! Like over a foot.

Yep, at most grocery stores you need to pay a quarter to use the cart. It prevents cart theft. LOL, in theory anyway!

Of COURSE it counts! Doing something nice at anytime in anyway counts. Sometimes I think we forget that the simplest things mean the most to people. Babe, you're ALWAYS making people happy around here.

I cleaned off another car today. Holy CRAP did we get a lot of snow! Like over a foot.

It's obviously working, Alix. You cleaned off someone's car, someone cleaned off Princess'. Keep the wave going.:LOL:

Monday wife and I did our annual Toy's for Tot's thing. Actually this year was a change up, was for foster kids.

We bought a couple hundred buck of toys/other things for donation.

Seems we have done this every Xmas for 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom