"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 05-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #11
Master Chef
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
od allergies- (not disdain from me, grumbled &
my netbook is being a fuss-budget.....

i, too, would consider that these aversions could be from allergens.

i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #12
Master Chef
I generally like most foods, oh I have a few things I don't care for, but nothing I cannot eat if manners so dictate. BUT .... I had a weird experience in the last couple of years of menopause. My sense of scent went haywire. It stared the day after Thanksgiving about 4 or 5 years ago. I was making my great turkey stock, and it just smelled terrible. I thought, gee, I must have not gotten the carcass to the fridge fast enough last night? Just when I was considering tossing it out, my husband came downstairs and went, yummmy yumm yumm, I can't wait! That smells wonderful! I made the stock and it was delicious (to everyone else), but that was the start of a bizarre year or two where most foods just didn't smell good, even a lot of my favorites. I've heard of people losing their sense of smell entirely, but this was downright nasty. I gradually lost 30 or so pounds (that I needed to lose). Well, the sense of scent came back (along with the pounds +) as menopause ended. With the exception of two items that just do not appeal to me, and were my favorite low-cal snacks: watermelon and cucumbers. I used to love them, and now they just don't appeal. Why couldn't something like butter or well-marbled porterhouse be what I lost taste for?

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote