Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, Dawg and Princess. He always has his tongue stuck out when he bats, I guess it helps him concentrate. LOL

I've got a video somewhere of him playing baseball in my backyard with his mama, just a week after he turned 3 yrs old. He hit the ball over the fence and into the neighbors yard. :LOL:

Last edited:
Thanks, Kay. :) He's had that same baseball stance since before he was two years old with his little toy plastic bat :LOL: - that little guy has always loved baseball!

Pretty sky late this afternoon. I took a few random shots with my phone from the front yard, and didn't see the bird in flight until I looked at the pics on my computer. :)

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 163
Thanks, Dawg. :) It probably was a hawk, from the looks of the wing span. There's a lot of them out here.

Thank you, Taxy and Princess. :)

Weird - I was having my coffee on the patio this morning and a young hawk swooped in and landed on a lower branch of one of the trees. My cat freaked out, fortunately he was right next to me. :ohmy:

I wish I could get a picture of the birds outside right now, but if I move they all fly away. They tolerate the cats watching them, but not the big clumsy human.

Thank you, Taxy and Princess. :)

Weird - I was having my coffee on the patio this morning and a young hawk swooped in and landed on a lower branch of one of the trees. My cat freaked out, fortunately he was right next to me. :ohmy:

Isn't that just the coolest Cheryl? I had nearly the same happen to me when I was sitting on the front porch reading, and a red tailed hawk landed on the porch railing not five feet away. We stared at each other while I didn't move, and could hardly breathe. I think he landed there to check out the very realistic little bunny statue I have in the garden. Gosh, that just filled me with wonder and sure made my day. I love to watch them flying over our mountain, and what a shot you got with that beautiful picture. Good thing your little cat was right beside you!

Last edited:
Thanks, Kay - yes, it's those unexpected moments that take our breath away! (as your sig line says) :) I can imagine your mountain is a beautiful view from your porch. :ohmy:

Princess, I'm glad your kitties get to watch bird TV - I bet they love their new home! Looking forward to some pics of those gorgeous Wyoming sunsets....or sunrises. :)

This thread needs more love. :LOL:

Princess WiggleBottom (Latté) wondering if she can get that bird this time & Both Latté and Smudge relaxing and watching the goings on. The bowl on the deck is full of sunflower seeds.

Attachments

• MCAT 002.JPG
    MCAT 002.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 59
  • MCAT 004.JPG
    MCAT 004.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Love the pics, Princess! Looks like you have such a nice deck and yard now in your new home. I can just see you and Shrek relaxing in the living room watching your kitties enjoy their view, but your probably busy building shelves. :LOL: Thanks for sharing some pics. :)

I wish I could get a pic of the birds, but they fly away when I approach, by the time they start coming back I can't hold my arms up any longer.

They've already wiped out a pound of sunflower seeds today.

I was driving to the grocery store this morning early and saw this group of birds standing by a water-filled ditch beside the road. There were 10 Wood Storks, two Roseate Spoonbills, and a bunch of White Egrets that I couldn't count because a car was coming up behind me. Glad my camera was handy for once -- just rolled down the window & took a shot.

Attachments

• Storks, Egrets, Spoonbills On Neal Road   Oct 23 2015.JPG
    Storks, Egrets, Spoonbills On Neal Road Oct 23 2015.JPG
    348.8 KB · Views: 167
I was driving to the grocery store this morning early and saw this group of birds standing by a water-filled ditch beside the road. There were 10 Wood Storks, two Roseate Spoonbills, and a bunch of White Egrets that I couldn't count because a car was coming up behind me. Glad my camera was handy for once -- just rolled down the window & took a shot.

Oh that is fantastic! I would love to see that. I saw a Great Blue Heron the other day.

Back
Top Bottom