Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...From the garden and ready to bake (not the beer...:))...
Yuengling beer when you have Great Lakes in Ohio? :huh: I have to make sure I have our daughter (near Canton) snap up my favorites so I can bring a couple 6-packs back with me when we visit her and her bro. Anyway, if you like Yuengling, enjoy away.
cheer.gif

Lovely yard and trees. I hope you have a tractor or ride-a-mower, though. unless grass-cutting is your No. 1 exercise program. ;)

Great pics Marc! Good grief...do you mow that beautiful lawn?

That's not even 1/4 of the lawn. Takes ~2 hours to do the whole thing after I got wise and bought a 60" commercial lawn mower. Yep....2 hours riding a bucking bronco. I can hang on for the entire ride but never get any points for style....:LOL:

Lovely, Marc!

Thank you....the yard is a pain and I get no help.

I haven't made any pies this year but my son has. He's a stubborn sort and made his own pie crusts. Bought some pie pumpkins at the store (I had 0 harvest this year) that were the worst things I've ever seen. It was a fight just to cut them in half for baking......after baking they could not be peeled and he had to scoop the pulp out. Not bad pies and his gf was impressed.....:cool:

Two of my sons are firefighters......they can cook. The oldest son is the cook at his station......that'll teach him to help in the kitchen. He got stuck with the job.....:ROFLMAO:

Yuengling beer when you have Great Lakes in Ohio? :huh: I have to make sure I have our daughter (near Canton) snap up my favorites so I can bring a couple 6-packs back with me when we visit her and her bro. Anyway, if you like Yuengling, enjoy away.
cheer.gif

Lovely yard and trees. I hope you have a tractor or ride-a-mower, though. unless grass-cutting is your No. 1 exercise program. ;)

Yuengling for the price.......my preference is closer to where you live but the price is 2X. Favorite beer is Samuel Adams.......Boston Lager most times but a Rebel Rouser isn't bad once in a while.....:mrgreen:

...Favorite beer is Samuel Adams.......Boston Lager most times but a Rebel Rouser isn't bad once in a while.....:mrgreen:

I'm a Sam Adams fan as well. Boston Lager most of the year and Winter Lager when I can get it. Bought a case of Winter last week.

Looks like you're a hoppy sort of guy. Himself favors hop beers, while I'm a malty sort of gal. Too bad you don't live closer to our kids, Marc. I'd happily swap you a couple 6-packs of Rebel Rouser ($9.99 per six-pack by us) for an equal value of "something" GLC (too many to list by name ;) ).

I'm a Sam Adams fan as well. Boston Lager most of the year and Winter Lager when I can get it. Bought a case of Winter last week.

I like the Winter ale......Octoberfest not too bad with a hint of pumpkin.

Looks like you're a hoppy sort of guy. Himself favors hop beers, while I'm a malty sort of gal. Too bad you don't live closer to our kids, Marc. I'd happily swap you a couple 6-packs of Rebel Rouser ($9.99 per six-pack by us) for an equal value of "something" GLC (too many to list by name ;) ).

Yes....I like a hoppy beer. It's been a while since I've had any Great Lakes.....Edmund Fitzgerald porter.

That's not even 1/4 of the lawn. Takes ~2 hours to do the whole thing after I got wise and bought a 60" commercial lawn mower. Yep....2 hours riding a bucking bronco. I can hang on for the entire ride but never get any points for style....:LOL:

Thank you....the yard is a pain and I get no help.

I haven't made any pies this year but my son has. He's a stubborn sort and made his own pie crusts. Bought some pie pumpkins at the store (I had 0 harvest this year) that were the worst things I've ever seen. It was a fight just to cut them in half for baking......after baking they could not be peeled and he had to scoop the pulp out. Not bad pies and his gf was impressed.....:cool:

Two of my sons are firefighters......they can cook. The oldest son is the cook at his station......that'll teach him to help in the kitchen. He got stuck with the job.....:ROFLMAO:

I have three first responders in the family. I am very proud of them, but worry constantly. They are the only people that leave their home each day looking for trouble with the good possibility of being hurt.

Your yard is beautiful. Those trees are breathtaking. And that pie can take a prize also. :angel:

MarcD, my son-in-law is a firefighter, too - and yes, those boys can cook! :chef: Steve works at a very small fire station, only 9 guys there total, 3 for each shift. They share cooking duties so no one person has to do it all. They're planning their Thanksgiving feast this week.

Here's their kitchen
074.jpg

Year 'round outdoor grilling area for the boys :chef:
072.jpg

Future firefighter :wub: :LOL:
043.jpg

I have three first responders in the family. I am very proud of them, but worry constantly. They are the only people that leave their home each day looking for trouble with the good possibility of being hurt.

Your yard is beautiful. Those trees are breathtaking. And that pie can take a prize also. :angel:

Both sons are on duty today......one day on and two days off. They do look for trouble but are highly trained. I may listen to the scanner tonight to see if they have any runs.

The yard was in need of being cut when the pic was taken but looked kinda OK. Last year, at this time, we had snow.

Looking towards my 'wildlife area' (2 acres). Fenced yard is for the dogs to romp in.....hose is drained and left hanging because it's ~300' of hose so I can water the garden.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 163
MarcD, my son-in-law is a firefighter, too - and yes, those boys can cook! :chef: Steve works at a very small fire station, only 9 guys there total, 3 for each shift. They share cooking duties so no one person has to do it all. They're planning their Thanksgiving feast this week.

Here's their kitchen

The son that lives with me is with a township fire dept......his older brother is with the city of Columbus. They both worked hard to get where they're at but the oldest son had to go through an extra 7 months training with the city.

Nice kitchen.....they always get the best stuff.

Cute future firefighter......I don't have any that young. My youngest turned 10 last June.....and lives with me (along with her 11 and 15 year old sisters). The oldest grand-daughter turned 17 a few days ago.

Sweet pics, Cheryl. My dad was the volunteer fire chief for our little town for many years. My baby bro would take a whiff of him when he got home, and would say, "Dad, you smell just like bacon."

Sweet pics, Cheryl. My dad was the volunteer fire chief for our little town for many years. My baby bro would take a whiff of him when he got home, and would say, "Dad, you smell just like bacon."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They go through lotsa bacon. Makes no difference if it's breakfast or not.

Last night's sunset over the Sierra Nevadas.

Attachments

• 12347974_986252318101569_1720088510454668188_n.jpg
    12347974_986252318101569_1720088510454668188_n.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 140
Thanks, Dawg....there's been some incredible sunsets here the past few days.
I can't take credit for this pic...a local friend got this amazing shot. I took a few pics from my house but there's a streetlamp and houses from my driveway view - her pic is better from down the street and away from the obstructions. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom