Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the comments. I've been shooting as a hobby on and off for 40 years. It's so much better now with digital images that I can develop on my computer instead of having to send them in for processing...

...This one is a leopard. We spent nearly an hour there shooting from several angles. The leopard wasn't going anywhere because it was guarding an impala carcass that it had taken the day before.

i-5fqFbTD-XL.jpg

I swiped your leopard pic for my desktop...beautiful cat!

Thanks for sharing all the pics, everyone. It is so nice to see what others see.

Rick, we did that scenic by-way 4 or 5 times while we lived in Montana.

Thanks for sharing all the pics, everyone. It is so nice to see what others see.

Rick, we did that scenic by-way 4 or 5 times while we lived in Montana.

It was a fantastic drive. and this from me who has been over Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park (more than 12,000 feet elevation) too many times to count. I've also driven several times up the road to the top of Mt. Evans here in Colorado, 14,000 feet.

I plan on exploring Laramie Peak and Scottsbluff in the spring. Have never been. I have to remember to take my camera.

My picture seems really mundane after all those beautiful photo's. Thanks so much for sharing them.
I just wanted to share our new furniture for our little TV/Office room. We love the new electric reclining love seat and faux mink fur pillows. The Souschef just put together the little magazine rack with table top and lamp all in one. The photo of Venice is a treasure from our first trip. Ready to watch TV!

img_1452259_0_b476f94576d8edf3b68ae47946395318.jpg

Far from mundane at all, Kay. I'd love to get comfy on that beautiful new love seat with a nice blanket, those pillows, a good movie, and my significant....umm...kitty. :):LOL: Great pic!

Kayelle, the way you have done that room is perfect for "hygge" with your honey. Hygge is a Danish word for a concept that includes coziness, but covers more than that. A few candles help. Here's an article that does a pretty good job of describing "hygge".

Is the secret of happiness contained in this Danish word? | PBS NewsHour

And as to pronunciation, I keep reading "hooga", well almost. If you know how to say the letter "u" in French, that's how the "y" is pronounced.

At $3.99 for a mere 3.7 ounces, more than $1 an ounce, I said "Dang" when I looked at the package, too! :LOL: I know you can buy those large, plain coconut chips in a number of places. I would think it would take mere minutes in your oven to toast those little suckers and make your own for half the price, or less.

Attachments

• 2016-01-22 18.31.19.jpg
    2016-01-22 18.31.19.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 136
Back
Top Bottom