Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• 1456013953161.jpg
    1456013953161.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I like that basket, GG. It must be nice to pick through a selection of different cheeses so you can sample, but not buy so much that you are in trouble if you end up not really liking it. Besides, that looks like you took it in a fromagerie. So then, samples. :yum: Love samples!

We didn't sample anything from this wall of heat. Stopped in an upscale beverage store to check for something, and ran into this sight. Took the picture just to send to our son, a hot sauce fiend. Too bad he lives over 600 from this store - we would have fun watching HIM have fun! Oh, besides all of these hot sauces, there were two other walls filled with BBQ sauces, and mustards, and all kind of fun.

Attachments

• 2016-02-20 19.59.33.jpg
    2016-02-20 19.59.33.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 116
My wife's family farm. Farmed continuously by her family since 1913 when her great grandfather built the barn (that was the first building erected because the stock was more important than the people). The house, grain elevator, and other outbuildings came over the next 2-3 years. I did some processing to create the antique look.

i-4Mtxs8J-XL.jpg

Nice pictures, Rick. I especially like the antiqued one. But one thing that jumped out at me was that your last name is PRIEBE???? :ohmy: My Great Aunt Rose was married to a Priebe! Who knows, we might be long-lost, extremely distant cousins - and I'm not talking the CO to MA distance either.

Most of my back garden taken from the roof of my workshop. The crops in the fields behind are mostly barley for the Scotch whisky industry.

img_1458079_0_1e4bc4dda4f83efd0ead66f6fcc3e759.jpg

Nice pictures, Rick. I especially like the antiqued one. But one thing that jumped out at me was that your last name is PRIEBE???? :ohmy: My Great Aunt Rose was married to a Priebe! Who knows, we might be long-lost, extremely distant cousins - and I'm not talking the CO to MA distance either.

My father was born and raised in Minnesota (as was I), but he is technically my stepfather. My biological father deserted us when I was 9, and Mom remarried when I was 14, and my step dad adopted us kids (my birth name was Schultz). So while there may be something there in the tiny branches of the family tree, it would be pretty obscure.

This is my house - built originally around 1830 and extended in 1896. It is typical of houses in the area and is built from stone quarried near the village and roofed with Scottish slate from the west coast.

It was probably owned by a person of relative wealth. I think the stone building at the rear was a fuel & animal feed store.

img_1458114_0_e3a2a3ba93e9df3cacc4b51caf948ce0.jpg

Very nice photos, Capt. Thanks for posting them. Your summer house looks like a peaceful place to read a book - or to sip some of that Scotch whisky. ;)

Also, welcome to DC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom