Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheryl, thank you so much! I am working out the plaques, haven't decided if I am going to paint or wood burn them.

Kayelle, thank you for the article. I know they came back year after year for Dad, but they were in a sheltered planter with plenty of shade for the hot summer. The bed I have planned for them is on the west side of the house and will get full force sun in the summer.

You're most welcome, Princess. :) I hope they do well. I've never tried growing them from seed.

Kay, that's a most informative article on poppies - thank you for sharing. They've always been one of my most fave wildflowers - sturdy, hardy little things, and so beautiful! Would love to hear how you plan on seeding the mountain you live near. Is the Sous going to pilot the plane overheard while you scatter seeds out the window? :ohmy:;):)

You're most welcome, Princess. :) I hope they do well. I've never tried growing them from seed.

Kay, that's a most informative article on poppies - thank you for sharing. They've always been one of my most fave wildflowers - sturdy, hardy little things, and so beautiful! Would love to hear how you plan on seeding the mountain you live near. Is the Sous going to pilot the plane overheard while you scatter seeds out the window? :ohmy:;):)

We've been talking about doing just that for the last few years, but glad we know now that fall is the right time to do it! We had planned on Spring, and we would have ruined the plan.

We planted poppies last fall, but not seeds. We planted what looked like root bundles, much the way you plant bulbs (which we also planted a variety of). I'll post later this summer when we find out how successful we were. The bulbs are coming up nicely.

Looking forward to hearing about your results, RP. :)

Kay...in thinking about it...if I had access to a plane, a handsome pilot :wub:, poppy seeds, and good flying weather, I think I'd go for it this year rather than wait until next fall. What have you got to lose - those seeds could germinate and form taproots on their own. Not all poppy fields waited on someone to plant them in fall...? :)

Cute kids. On the other end of the age spectrum:

My 92 year old father-in-law at work on the farm 2 days ago - sawing up and removing a dead elm tree that blew down over the winter. The tractor is a Massey-Harris 44 circa 1946, still going strong, just like the driver.

i-rhTP7VF-L.jpg

We should team up. We could get lots of work done. My grandpas 53 John Deere. i love old tractors no matter the color.

I'm carring a hog feeder I took apart. I'm going to fill the rings with dirt to plant tomatoes in.
http://www.discusscooking.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Attachments

• 12400663_10101696035977583_2013243801900562953_n.jpg
    12400663_10101696035977583_2013243801900562953_n.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 140
Throwback Thursday...I love this pic of my (then) chubby little 1 yr. old grandson Aiden looking through his daddy's binoculars backwards. :LOL: He's now a big 3 year old. :heart:

Attachments

• oneyearoldAiden.jpg
    oneyearoldAiden.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
I just had to share this picture of our adorable Cheyenne (GD) in her Easter outfit. The little sun bonnet we got for her in Amash country is perfect for her new dress and shoes. She makes my heart melt.

img_1461186_0_5c0cfa7b4823f5f9b36ddf211c82ca4b.jpg

I should have thought to take this picture earlier in the day. Just a few hours before, everything was fully covered in layers of "feathers". Beautiful. Too bad my brain doesn't kick on until after noon...

Ten minutes after I took this picture the winds began to switch. The trees began to twitch. It went dark and cloudy and started to snow again. Gotta love spring snow!

Attachments

• 2016-04-03 13.27.20.jpg
    2016-04-03 13.27.20.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 139
Thank you Dawg...3 year olds are lots of fun!

Cheyenne is such a sweet little lamb, Kay. :wub:

CG, I love your snow pic - what a beautiful view!

Last edited:
Usually I post my own crappy pictures, but this one of my favorite island (not taken by me) made me miss it even more:
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1459898330.674732.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to post my first flowers of spring, but decided you guys didn't want to see dandelions...I did get the trash and tumbleweeds cleaned out of the yard yesterday.

Dawglover and Cooking Goddess, I have a similar treed hill behind my house but it's to the south, so no sunsets. :(

At least you have trees. This is what I see when I look northeast from my driveway.

i-mjg3RcD-L.jpg

They aren't as close as they look in a telephoto shot, but they are out there none the less.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom