Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Poor Ibis...great picture!

I was watering this morning and splashed towards a blue jay. He must have liked it, I soon had about 8 jays hanging out for a shower.

Last edited:
Here's an old photo of a flock of White Ibis in my previous back yard. That's my helpful assistant in the foreground.

Attachments

• Flock of Ibises. Honest!.jpg
    Flock of Ibises. Honest!.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 88
You folks seem to have very strange pets. Although I have often had the same thoughts when it comes to Teddy. He knows the difference between left and right. When he wants to go out. He grabs Spikes right hand and pulls on it very gently. He knows that, that is the hand that holds the leash. :angel:

Love the photo of your bird-guarding cat, lizzie! Our daughter and her friend had a small flock of hens he keeps at his house. When he has the cat (they have shared custody, at his house during the nice weather, at hers when it's too hot or cold), Moo likes to watch the chickens. Lays on top of the wire run from the coop and dozes off. Silly cat.

I've never seen a juvenile ibis, just white ones, when we visit FL. I had to do a double-read on your post for it to register. :LOL:

Django -- that's rich, PF.

And Addie, when I see that adorable little white dog in the Caesar's dog food commercial (his master looks to be an airline pilot) I think of Teddy.

That dog in the commercial is a Westie. West Highland Terrier. Teddy is a Maltese. My daughter and grandson each have a Westie. I don't like my grandson's dog. Nobody does. He has never been neutered and is very aggressive and distructive. And he has never been trained to obey. A couple of times he has attacked my daughter's and it cost her vet bills. So finally she and her husband laid down the law. He is not allowed out in the yard when my daughter's Westie is out there. And then when he is out, he has to be tethered to a long leash. My daughter's Westie is such a sweetheart. Everyone loves him.

Teddy is so well trained. Spike just has to give him a look, and he knows he has done wrong. That is when he becomes so contrite. He understands everything Spike says to him. Everyone in a square ten block area knows Teddy. And he stops to say hi and wants you to scratch him. Just about every one in my building always grab a handful of Milk Bones from the big bowl at the bank. My neighbor even carries some in her pockets all the time just in case she runs into him. :angel:

Last edited:
I figured that since Shrek is a musician, that he was named after Django Reinhardt.

Nope, the little monster was on a rampage and had a time out in the spare room, Shrek finally let him out after 15 minutes of yowling and declared, "Django Unchained!" his name was switched from Rufus to Django in that instant.

The dog and I took a drive today. Had the car detailed yesterday on a gift certificate I got from my wife so I thought I record it before it got all dusty again.
i-XhJ753X-XL.jpg

Then we found this box turtle along the road. He refused to even stick his head out.
i-HnTrKnL-XL.jpg

Also captured and vintage developed a shot of what was once the headquarters of the Wagon Wheel Ranch, a very nice ranch house, now in ruins.
i-xqrLJhh-XL.jpg

Great photos, Rick! That little turtle close up is amazing - almost looks like the pattern on the little guy has been painted on. Great camouflage for the little guy among the tall grasses.

Last edited:
Great photos, as usual, RP. Our daughter had a turtle that looked a little like your guy. She called him "Nanner" for the bright yellow on his shell. :LOL:

I really like the image of the house, too. Very nice.

Back
Top Bottom