Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our stupid condo association had two pines cut down near here. They looked healthy to me. They left this poor thing that is being strangled by Virginia creeper.

gISf4cKGKZI02i1xr6nZOFSEnxy2V93WPCA-EjZ2jSUGq4vbsa23Q6tQBJOJf361Bt79iX3_3eNCGlLK4dlQ6DwIIC2P-UWkAdooQkn8n8jrYnJ56Uq-wkgLdiy7BLdp2sGZjtlwrsMu2QdDC-YU-UihmvQxWng-VE4incqHFHgkjVL_On91nvX7IpAs3ju2r-ACQOgJ7wb4m2Ce-Nhj62zhPdYOdfZxcyhkbCx1ftw7rCWakH9Gh8mQaAHtPGqfXZvpid3GfMAVOr6jOt9w--uILCLwJ0JAh9bS4XJKaPaxCTly0WvUcEoO-iGrK09cTi1FNbY4Z3OxG7ufRQBTdbaSPWXBmiX12YHjEYu0GYNo-_91XuBlYWkDW5MATAhyf6HRx72hpTGWRFHy59v6bCSbvHRpwsmJDHXD0BWn27Gms_0KujkjZLjgMgcPoca3ROXl-Iv34w5p_Ul5hBfknPEw9gi0H7WirfCbw5zQpqGq6ROS1bPt0WpFB0WgTpXhC2p63dmnY44YAoMkALtVRPfGlQbnim6aZ0EcRNEQvmEJQ774Vc8QgMY2Y60e5K04TI6htke5-sJq1hQtAaSgaUT5BCK14FnopiagB3rN4qPQDpkG2A=w390-h520-no

And since the trees are beginning to turn, I took a picture of this showoff.

Attachments

• show off tree.jpg
    show off tree.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 69
Pretty pic. This annoys me too, Taxy. Our idiot neighbor took out a bunch of healthy evergreens that screened our properties.

And now I get light from several more streetlights at night, with those two evergreens gone. As if there was enough light already that I can usually only see a few stars. Now I'm down to about six stars on a clear night. :ermm:

Pretty pic, Taxy. I love when the leaves change in the fall. I couldn't see the first pic, though. :(

It's black as coal out here at night - no city lights and only a couple of streetlamps down the street. So pretty when there's a full moon - and when there's no moon and a billion stars.

Last edited:
Pretty pic, Taxy. I love when the leaves change in the fall. I couldn't see the first pic, though. :(

It's black as coal out here at night - no city lights and only a couple of streetlamps down the street. So pretty when there's a full moon - and when there's no moon and a billion stars.
Oops, maybe you need to be signed in to a Google account to see it. I'll attach it here. Can you see it here?

Attachments

• IMG_20161017_161543.jpg
    IMG_20161017_161543.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 65
Taxy...yes, I can see it now. Thank you. It does look like the Creeper is taking over the pine. :(

Pretty neighborhood you live in, though. :)

Oops, maybe you need to be signed in to a Google account to see it. I'll attach it here. Can you see it here?

Taxy, if that were me, I would be out there with a set of hedge clippers and cutting into that creepy vine. And then I would be sticking the points into the ground and snipping some of the roots. It will save the tree. That vine is an invasive plant.

Quite a few years ago, up on Route1A they had planted trees on the median strip to break the glare of oncoming traffic. Unfortunately about five years later they had to remove them. The highway crews couldn't keep up with the creepy vines invading and choking the trees to death.

I think that tree is a goner, not worth trying to save it now. I'm just annoyed that they cut down two healthy looking trees and left that poor thing. They will have to pay to have that removed soon. It would annoy me less if that didn't get paid for by our condo fees.

Oh dear. Yeah, I think that poor evergreen is done. At first inspection, I thought it was a maple.

Our trees were changing color nicely...on Monday we had 60 MPH winds that tore all the leaves off the trees...at least I won't have to rake, but some guy in Nebraska will be po'd by all the leaves.

Our trees were changing color nicely...on Monday we had 60 MPH winds that tore all the leaves off the trees...at least I won't have to rake, but some guy in Nebraska will be po'd by all the leaves.

Those leaves would have made great compost over the winter to use in the spring for your flowers. And the side benefit would be at present, some very not so needed exercise.

Those leaves would have made great compost over the winter to use in the spring for your flowers. And the side benefit would be at present, some very not so needed exercise.

No unsupervised exercise until cleared by Rehab...good thing I have a kid who rakes, mows and shovels for me. He's been by every day since my heart attack to take out the trash and see if there's anything else I need done. He's a great kid!

No unsupervised exercise until cleared by Rehab...good thing I have a kid who rakes, mows and shovels for me. He's been by every day since my heart attack to take out the trash and see if there's anything else I need done. He's a great kid!

He sounds like a definite keeper.

Took a short drive along the South Platte yesterday. The wind did a fair job of stripping the trees here too, but left enough to still make a pretty photo:

i-VBG8zCM-XL.jpg

i-FSng6DK-XL.jpg

Nice photos as usual, Rick!

:LOL: When we lived in our first house, we were three houses "upwind" from a semi-cul-de-sac. We all were pretty good about keeping our lawns leaf-free, but poor Corky at the end of the line still said he got ALL of the leave from the entire street! Poor guy, it seemed like he was raking every day. Then again, he was a bit *ahem* anal about his yard.

Princess....I hope recovery is going well. Glad to hear you have such an enthusiastic neighbor kid to help you out. Win-win for all!

Great pics, Rick!

We had a few good wind gusts several days ago. I have several pine trees in the front yard and the wind usually blows from the south...so my neighbor to the north gets the brunt of the pine needles in his yard. I commented to him recently on how he ends up with them on his lawn and ever gracious gentleman that he is, he said with a smile that he doesn't mind at all and that it's worth it to see those tall lovely pines. Awww...:) What a sweetie he is.

Last edited:
Took a short drive along the South Platte yesterday. The wind did a fair job of stripping the trees here too, but left enough to still make a pretty photo:

i-VBG8zCM-XL.jpg

i-FSng6DK-XL.jpg

I was down by the South Platte yesterday. You take wonderful pictures of the countryside.

Love the old farmstead...

Back
Top Bottom