Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
received_10153812775631017.jpg one of our trucks in the field at sunset. Waiting for another load. This was taken with my phone.

Oh share croping. Not too many people do that anymore. Mostly just the old timers so they can complain about the grain prices LOL.

It's pretty common around here. Folks like my wife's father, who at 93 is still actively involved but doesn't do the actual farming any more. None of his kids are interesting in taking over the farm (operated by her family for more than 100 years), but none of them wants it to leave the family either. It's going to be difficult when he's gone and they try to deal with upkeep on 100 year old buildings when none of them lives there.

Just took a load of laundry out of the dryer. Before I got to it and could fold it and put it away, someone else discovered it.
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1479697364.211441.jpg

Beagle jumped off the couch, wearing a towel from her nice warm pile of laundry. I told DH to quick, get a pic! He did, but of his thumb.

This did not work. DH is an abject failure as a camera man. But it was pretty funny, should have video'd it. Didn't have my phone at hand.

Last edited:
received_10102002098640553.jpg

I got this little rooster at an auction a while back. Paid $3. He's only about 6 or 8 inches tall. I got him because I felt bad for him they had him in a tiny little cage he couldent even stand up. I don't even know what breed he is for sure.

Chickens!!!!

I got a drastic change haircut yesterday, the stylist said, "Dang, I should have taken before and after pictures, this is cute!"

So, no pictures.

View attachment 25729

I got this little rooster at an auction a while back. Paid $3. He's only about 6 or 8 inches tall. I got him because I felt bad for him they had him in a tiny little cage he couldent even stand up. I don't even know what breed he is for sure.

Looks like a N.H. rooster. Can't find any other brand that looks like it. Keeping it in that small cage certainly stunted his growth. His comb looks stunted. One of the main things that makes a rooster stand out from the crowd is their comb and tail feathers.

Addie he is a bantam - that is his full size. Also as they mature often their combs will flop over, at least on some breeds.

Word of warning Jon, I had a rooster very like him in colouring, very Kellog's perfect rooster picture. He was the devil incarnate! Would stalk you across the yard. Fight with anything he thought was male and/or not of the chicken breeding.
One tiime we were working on the fencing around the pens and we finally had to scoop him up (fishing nets work beautifully) and pen him inside. We just couldn't work with him sneaking up behind us every 5 minutes! :LOL:
By the way, a very tasty stew - :yum:

We moved a little over a year ago, and I just love seeing these guys in my yard very day.

Attachments

• 0509161836e.jpg
    0509161836e.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 90
Lol, Andy.

Attachments

• 0509161836e.jpg
    0509161836e.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 1106160851a.jpg
    1106160851a.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
And this little guy wanders through every once in a while, disappearing past my wood pile into the woods behind the house.

Attachments

• 0412161235a.jpg
    0412161235a.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom