Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Baby Bro and Paula Deen! I'm so envious, I could scream! Bet he ate well tonight, he's staying at her beautiful lake house. I am highly annoyed.View attachment 26103
Wow, is that exciting! If he were my little bro, I'd find a way to tag along once in a while...and I would not be above blackmail. :brows: BTW, he IS very dashing.

I told him he has a fan club on DC. Then I kicked him in the shin, just to keep him humble...Does not listen to a word of advice.
Tell him next time you might aim for a higher "shin". :ohmy: :LOL:

I know! How dare the little 6'7” snot not tell me he was staying at Paula Deen's lake house? Without me? I shall kick him twice.

He's got me by about a foot, and I'm not a ninja, so his shin is as about as far as I can kick.

Last edited:
I noticed something slinking across my backyard this afternoon. By the time I grabbed my phone, this guy was nearly back into the woods, tracking birds for his dinner.

He said his name was Bob.

Attachments

• 0214171708c.jpg
    0214171708c.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 95
I noticed something slinking across my backyard this afternoon. By the time I grabbed my phone, this guy was nearly back into the woods, tracking birds for his dinner.

He said his name was Bob.

Is that a wolf? :ohmy:

Not something I would ever see in my backyard!

(Absolutely awesome by the way.)

Last edited:
Of course! Good catch, Cheryl. We have them around here too, though I've not seen one yet.

We do have an Australian shepherd with no tail living next door though.

Last edited:
I just looked it up and I never knew that a Bobcat and a Lynx were one and the same differing only in size.

Wow, fantastic picture, had no problem recognizing him! Congrats on snapping that pic. I would probably still be standing there with my mouth open just holding my phone in my hand.

for those of you who don't know how big these guys are they're around 8.5 kilo or almost 20 lbs. Not very big, are they. But.... I can guarantee I don't want my dog to run into him/her even thou she weighs about 60 lbs.

Bucky, are you sure his name isn't Lenny? With the size of the trees and the building in the background sure looks more like a Lynx!

A little something I shot about ten-ish years ago. Just me at the crack of dawn, six inches of fresh snow, a camera and an Audi with quattro.

CD

Attachments

• SnowDay.jpg
    SnowDay.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Of course! Good catch, Cheryl. We have them around here too, though I've not seen one yet.

We do have an Australian shepherd with no tail living next door though.

We have them around here too, but they usually stay in the foothills. Every now and then one will come down the hill and be spotted in someone's front yard - word gets out quickly and the neighborhood gathers up their small pets and brings them inside. One time my neighbor was out for an early morning walk and saw one jump down from a boulder in my front yard and take off. :ohmy:

We have them around here too, but they usually stay in the foothills. Every now and then one will come down the hill and be spotted in someone's front yard - word gets out quickly and the neighborhood gathers up their small pets and brings them inside. One time my neighbor was out for an early morning walk and saw one jump down from a boulder in my front yard and take off. :ohmy:

We get coyotes here too, and apparently cougars. My neighbor's ex called me frantically while we were on vacation worried about a cougar prowling the area.

I've seen foxes and coyotes, but I'd be more worried about getting kicked by a deer. Beagle is always walked on a leash.

Pretty landscape, casey.

Yep, it was a young bobcat by the looks of the tail. It was moving across the back of the property so fast I barely caught few pictures before he disappeared.

It's not just land predators that we have to watch out for. Last summer I was sitting on the deck with my parrots and a large hawk moved into the branches of an overhead tree, looking at them like lunch.

Last edited:
Pretty landscape, casey.

Yep, it was a young bobcat by the looks of the tail. It was moving across the back of the property so fast I barely caught few pictures before he disappeared.

It's not just land predators that we have to watch out for. Last summer I was sitting on the deck with my parrots and a large hawk moved into the branches of an overhead tree, looking at them like lunch.

A few years ago, I was sitting at my desk in my home office one evening, and heard a noise to my right. There, on my window ledge was an owl. It was a full-grown owl. Absolutely majestic.

We stared at each other for maybe ten seconds, then he flew away. It is a sight I'll never forget.

CD

We've heard coyotes around here, but we haven't seen any. Our back yard has seen other wildlife, though: red fox the first year, but not anymore; turkeys, deer, squirrels, of course. Have yet to see the different owls that keep us entertained at night, though.

Our sun room got warm enough today for me to sit out there and enjoy a cup of tea while reading. I noticed, though, that the snow from the roof had formed a nice awning extending beyond the roof's edge. Right after I took this picture, the snow protrusion snapped off and crashed to the ground. :ohmy: I won't ever get used to that sound!

Attachments

• 2017-02-14 14.16.22.jpg
    2017-02-14 14.16.22.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom