Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That picture is at his house in Vermont where he lives and works. He stands at 6'1" and I am only 4'6". His wife had a devil of a time trying to get the whole of us from the waist up into the picture.

At the age of 13, Poo's bedroom was a constant disaster. Today he is such a neat freak. So you see, there is still hope for him. You may think he is doing nothing, but he is. He is growing mentally and physically.

At 13, I took him to his doctor and asked the doctor if there is such a thing as growing pains. ABSOLUTELY! Poo was constantly complaining about his legs hurting. That is when the light went on. I thought he was just trying to get out of doing his chores.
Oh quite right about growing pains, it's real! My fiancé told me how his mom would rub that green alcohol on his legs at night but he grew up on a farm and really had to work, no choice. Well anytime he decides to send a copy of that picture, post it for me! Hope you are having a great day!

I relaxed on the front porch this evening with a glass of wine, and watched the after-the-rain sunset. So pretty.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 90
WOW Cheryl, that's an amazing photo... not to mention you are soo fortunate to not only witness it personally but the ability to record it! LOL thanks!

How do I post photo's...the picture icon asks for a link? When I go to the insert icon, it says invalid file.

Last edited:
They were eggs, she just sat and sat. We should have separated her but we really didn't have a spot at the moment and my neighbor has hens so we just gave her to them, they didn't mind. We are planning on getting more. I'm new at chickens but the boyfriend grew up on a farm. He doesn't mind just to push her aside, I'm a bit more timid. I know everything about chickens from reading cws's chicken chronicles here, that's the extent of my knowledge! He's a born and raised farmer :)
I miss chickens...I raised them for years until a huge raccoon showed up and foiled every fail safe we had on the coop. I had Americanas...they lay blue, pink and green eggs and are the sweetest birds. Even the rooster would sit on my lap and eat meal worms from my hands. Before that I had Rhode Island Reds...not my favorites but good egg layers. The rooster would try to attack me every couple of weeks and a good firm push away from my boots didn't help...so I needed to open of a can of whoop a** and that would keep him away for a few weeks. I bonded so much with the Americanas that when the raccoon got them I gave it all up. This raccoon was massive, he did a face off with me on the deck one night...I stood with a broom, he stood on two legs and I would have to say he was nearly four feet tall...needless to say he won the face off. He was around for nearly 20 years which is really unusual for a raccoon, they don't have a very long life span. I haven't seen him in a few years...can't say I will miss him.

Hello, Rparrny. I understand you're a new kid on the block. so welcome welcome! Let's see if I can confuse you even more...

I suppose it depends on where you are pulling your photo from. I upload any mobile-taken photos to Dropbox. This is how I get my photo into my post. I'm going to guess you're in "Post Reply" mode? If you are, scroll down below the compose box to "Additional Options" and look a couple of lines down for the box titled "Attach Files". Click on "Manage Attachments". A mini-window will appear in the upper left of your screen. For me, that is where I can access my Dropbox photos. Darned if I remember whether or not I had to link DC with Dropbox because it's been a while. Anyway, if you get a box with access to your photos, click on "Choose File", and its file number will appear in that frame. When you have selected your photo(s), Click "Upload" in the bottom-right of the mini-window. When it's uploaded, you will notice the file number has appeared in the "manage Attachments" box below. You should be OK. I always "Preview Post" before I submit any reply. That way I know the interwebs understood my confused request.

I hope this helps! If not, someone who understands these things might be along and see your question. In the meantime, you might find some help in the Tech Support sub-forum.

Jasper at the dam last weekend.
0aed202f78288ff56df600044ebd1a7a.jpg

Some of my favorite homemade soaps

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 109
The cake I made for my best friend's 60th birthday

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 121
My favorite picture of my grandson...

He is so adorable and huggable.

I have at last count 18 grand and great grand children. Christmas got to be too expensive. I just got a brand spanking new grandson. When my grandson told me that as soon as all the medication from her C section was safely out of her system, she put her son right to her breast. I am such a strong advocate of breast feeding as soon as possible right after birth, if possible. I wanted to hug her so much. They live up by the NH border. Travel is very difficult for me. So when she is feeling up to it, they will bring the baby to me. I can't wait to sing a lullaby to him.

Thank you, dragn, Dawg, and Ross. I just love the desert sunsets we get here. Kind of makes up for the heat. :D The sunrises are pretty too, but the trees are in the way and I'm not usually up for walking around the block at 5:30 AM to get a pic. haha

Dawg...yes, my wine matched the sunset. Or maybe not. After a couple of glasses, I didn't care. :LOL:

Rparrny and Jon...great pics of the kidlets! Loved the soaps too, Rparrny.

He is so adorable and huggable.

I have at last count 18 grand and great grand children. Christmas got to be too expensive. I just got a brand spanking new grandson. When my grandson told me that as soon as all the medication from her C section was safely out of her system, she put her son right to her breast. I am such a strong advocate of breast feeding as soon as possible right after birth, if possible. I wanted to hug her so much. They live up by the NH border. Travel is very difficult for me. So when she is feeling up to it, they will bring the baby to me. I can't wait to sing a lullaby to him.
I envy you...I had to wait 7 years for Zach and I've been begging them to have another but so far it has fallen on deaf ears...
I am Jewish...became observant much later in life so both my kids, although they support my choice, do not follow it. My daughter however, has allowed me to take Zach every Sabbath since birth...the first month she stayed with him at my house until he could take breast milk from a bottle.
He's four now and I call him my energizer bunny...if I'm tired or in pain, one hug from him and it's all gone. It's so cute when he kisses my hips to make them better....:heart::heart::heart:

You are so talented in more ways. Good enough to sell your wares. You go girl! :flowers:

Thank you, once I left the Marines, I was private chef in the hamptons, I worked for the son of David Niven (only people our age would know who he is). He was wonderful to me and as a dedicated foodie asked me if I would be interested in more formal training (I think he was worried I would be insulted). I of course jumped at it and was blessed enough to train with some of the legends of the cooking world. Nick Malgieri taught me how to make soufflé's and other baked goods. He wasn't famous back then. Marcella Hazan was not only a fabulous teacher but would have you rolling with laughter during the classes with her stories. I've seen her son has continued the family tradition. My most memorable was with James Beard...he was scheduled to teach a masters class but became ill and the class was cancelled several times. When he finally got better, as a way to make up for it...he held the class in his home in Greenwich Village. Ten of us spent the week with him. He died six months later.

Back
Top Bottom