Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sister and I did a road trip to Durango, CO last weekend. We were booked on the Durango & Silverton RR, narrow gauge train. This weekend was the Photographer's Special. About 9 hours with many stops to get shots of the train and the scenery. Then the next day we drove highway 550 to Silverton, then 550 becomes the Million Dollar Highway from Silverton to Ouray. The aspens were in full autumn display. Here are some of the scenic photos I took:

i-DSrqMhr-XL.jpg

i-kzXfSd9-XL.jpg

i-cZqdMxC-XL.jpg

i-kRstrCH-XL.jpg

i-B4zd3pV-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Rick, those photos are spectacular! The images are so crisp and life-like, it took me about five minutes to get the smell of burning coal cleared from my nose. And I swear I can hear the horn...:huh: wait, that's from the train that's running on the tracks a mere straight-line mile away downhill from our house. Thanks so much for sharing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 136
I went down to the lake marina Sunday to clean out the Little Girl (my boat), and the sunset on the lake was tripendicular!

Attachments

• 1001181835b_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg
    1001181835b_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 116
I went down to the lake marina Sunday to clean out the Little Girl (my boat), and the sunset on the lake was tripendicular!

Nice sunset. Nice boat, too. Looks a lot like one of my ex-boats, a Larson 225 open bow. I'm guessing the ubiquitous 5.7L I/O drivetrain?

After I got my first SeaDoo PWC, I sold my I/O boat and bought a SeaDoo twin-engine jet boat. That thing got up on a plane in about one second, and could do 65mph on relatively smooth water. And, since the lakes in Texas are manmade, and full of stumps, I saved a ton of money on having props fixed or replaced.

CD

Yeah, I'm on my second prop in 3 years.

And she's a small I/O. 135hp 4 cyl Honda engine.

You got two props to last three years? I was lucky to get away with two props a year. My worst was when I had a bunch of friends down at the family lake house, and had a brand new stainless steel prop, and hit a submerged tree top less than an hour into the first outing. Grrrrrrr. It vibrates the whole boat and cuts 20 mph out of your top speed.

The Larson had a Volvo-Penta 5.7L V8, but it was useless with a perpetually bent prop. The SeaDoo boat had 360HP, and NEVER broke. Well, the batteries didn't make it though the winter in my garage without a trickle charger, but I could fix that myself. But, no exposed prop.

Ah, but Mother Nature can be cruel. I bought my perfect boat right at the start of a major drought. By mid summer, I could't put my boat in the water, because the water was 20-feet away from the boat ramps. Boat slips around here start at 400-bucks a month, and many of those were useless that summer. You couldn't get out of the Marina. So, I was making payments on a very pricey boat that I couldn't use. Bye, bye my friend.

Like they say, the two best days for a boat owner are the day you buy them, and the day you sell them. :LOL:

CD

We spent some time in Williamstown MA this afternoon, viewing original documents from the birth of our nation. The Chapin Library at Williamstown College houses an unsigned Declaration of Independence, a draft copy of The Constitution complete with editing notes by one of our forefathers, and George Washington's personal copy of The Federalist. It was inspiring to see all of these relics from turbulent times in our country, knowing that we're still going strong in spite of our troubles and differences. Puts a little hope in one's heart that this too shall pass. Oh, pictures:

IMG_20181003_135000169.jpgIMG_20181003_134855584.jpgIMG_20181003_135109088.jpgIMG_20181003_135249444.jpg

Back
Top Bottom