Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We spent some time in Williamstown MA this afternoon, viewing original documents from the birth of our nation. The Chapin Library at Williamstown College houses an unsigned Declaration of Independence, a draft copy of The Constitution complete with editing notes by one of our forefathers, and George Washington's personal copy of The Federalist. It was inspiring to see all of these relics from turbulent times in our country, knowing that we're still going strong in spite of our troubles and differences. Puts a little hope in one's heart that this too shall pass. Oh, pictures:

View attachment 31710View attachment 31711View attachment 31712View attachment 31713

Oh, so cool.

Yeah, we'll be OK. When everyone stops thinking their opinion matters more than anyone else's.
Everyone agrees that equality is a great thing. But some folks believe they should be more equal than others;.

We spent some time in Williamstown MA this afternoon, viewing original documents from the birth of our nation. The Chapin Library at Williamstown College houses an unsigned Declaration of Independence, a draft copy of The Constitution complete with editing notes by one of our forefathers, and George Washington's personal copy of The Federalist. It was inspiring to see all of these relics from turbulent times in our country, knowing that we're still going strong in spite of our troubles and differences. Puts a little hope in one's heart that this too shall pass. Oh, pictures:

View attachment 31710View attachment 31711View attachment 31712View attachment 31713

Thanks so much for sharing these pics and your experiences, CG.

Cool. I love that kind of stuff.

My sister tried to get a perfect shot of an aspen leaf... I just went for the whole lot... and included her as well.:LOL:

i-Cwn373R-XL.jpg

^^^ +1. ^^^

Aspens are beautiful (I'm sure you sis is as well).

I may have to cut down/dig out an ornaments tree near my garage that didn't do well after last winter. If it doesn't come ack next year, I was thinking of putting in an Aspen. Either that, or White Birch.

Your pics do the beauty of the Aspens justice.

Oh, so cool.

Yeah, we'll be OK. When everyone stops thinking their opinion matters more than anyone else's.
Everyone agrees that equality is a great thing. But some folks believe they should be more equal than others;.

Actually, the founding fathers were just as divided as we are today, but they worked it out. Too bad they weren't more specific about a few of their compromises, especially in the constitution. Specifically, the Second Amendment and the Establishment Clause. I guess they didn't foresee those things becoming such a big deal in 240-some years.

I tend to think that if the FF knew what the 21st century would look like, the constitution would be quite a bit longer and more specific. But, I am only 57, and as a teenager, I never conceived of such a thing as an iPhone.

CD

A couple more photos from the Durango & Silverton RR day. these do a better job of showing the mountains that the line runs through, and the Animus River Canyon which is the natural route through those mountains that the RR made use of.

i-cNRn6Zx-XL.jpg

i-czkDKFF-L.jpg

Here's a few from my last adventure:

London
44476200345_cb2e2c847d_b.jpg

Salisbury
43573453640_787e9f4abc_b.jpg

Lerwick, Shetland Isles
45412561441_eea2272303_b.jpg

Iceland
44666516074_f9cdccc911_b.jpg

Newfoundland
44667080504_67f7dcc5f7_b.jpg

Nova Scotia
45391024881_d530d24b50_b.jpg

Portland, Maine
44667226874_6741a5d743_b.jpg

NYC
30451295727_9dd1a6fedd_b.jpg

Last edited:
Tatt, thank you so much for lifting my spirits. I have been having some down days lately, and your beautiful pictures, as always, have lifted me right up again back to my old self.

Again, THANK YOU!

Tat, great pix. Looks like you must have a great trip.

Thanks, it was! It ticked a lot of boxes for us, and it was kind of the trip of a lifetime. Going to be hard to top, but we'll try!

Beautiful Tatt!

Thanks, PF!

+1..

Ross

Thanks, Ross!

Great photos as always, Tatt. Thanks for posting them.

Thanks, Andy!

Very cool, Tatt.

Thank you, BT!

Tatt, thank you so much for lifting my spirits. I have been having some down days lately, and your beautiful pictures, as always, have lifted me right up again back to my old self.

Again, THANK YOU!

Thanks for the kind words, Addie! Glad I could help in any way!

I first looked at these on my phone and though they were very nice, TATT. Then I looked at them on my laptop. Wow, all I can now say is "stunning". You sure have a talent. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, CG! If you ever want to kill some time, my signature links to all my photos.

Great photos Tat!

Thanks!!

So, I am photographing a $250K, 100-point Jaguar today, and someone decided to be the center of attention. I was sitting on the ground, lining up my shot, and here it flies in. Look, it is even looking at the camera. :LOL:

CD

Attachments

• Bird800600jpg.jpg
    Bird800600jpg.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 103
Back
Top Bottom