Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice scenery, RPC! Good exposures -- the skies look great, and really nice shadow detail. Um, watch your horizon lines. The Earth is kind of tipping in a few shots. That really stands out in landscapes.

Overall, Thumbs up!

CD

While I admit that I can miss by a little, horizons are one thing I'm generally quite careful with. In this area, the horizons are often not horizontal. A lot of my photos from that area look to be off kilter, but when you see it in real life that's just now it looks. The geology of the place makes everything look tilted one way or another.

Again....love your pics Rick and like others, I look forward to them.

This thread is one of my faves. :heart: Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine posting a critique of anyone's pics.

We're just a cooking forum and posting pics that we love, and hope that others will enjoy as well.

Last edited:
Again....love your pics Rick and like others, I look forward to them.

This thread is one of my faves. [emoji813] Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine posting a critique of anyone's pics.

We're just a cooking forum and posting pics that we love, and hope that others will enjoy as well.
It's not just you, Cheryl.

Rick, I love your pix, too. I've only been to Colorado twice and I had a great time wandering around Garden of the Gods taking pictures while DH was in a class. The geology is so different from where I've always lived.

And Cheryl, your pix of the California wildflowers are beautiful, too. My sister lives in Temecula and she's been posting photos of the ones near her home. Just gorgeous.

Last edited:
Prom last night.

Attachments

• 56835530_1917209678388708_7718082864004202496_n.jpg
    56835530_1917209678388708_7718082864004202496_n.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 93
Got a new camera yesterday. My wife says it's all of my gifts for the next 5 years. Headed down by the South Platte to seek out something to shoot. Seems to work okay. Only had one lens from my old camera body that fits it... new lens due today. Lots more to learn about and to set up (this body has wi-fi and GPS tagging), but I did manage to find a couple of shots:

First shot, just messing around in the living room as soon as I got the charged battery installed and a SD card in the slot. Some of my wife's teapot assortment:

i-rmf7ZGV-M.jpg

Then on my drive I found this house in the woods by the river... move-in ready :LOL:

i-vpnvXNT-M.jpg

Driving home as the sun was setting, this seemed like a good way to finish the testing:

i-rw4G642-M.jpg

Sounds like a lot of enjoyment in the future for you. I will gladly move into that house as long as I can see the windmill everyday.

Just with my phone through the kitchen window. enlarged as far as it could go which ruined the colour somewhat, especially on the Goldfinches. Plus the light had omved by that time.

For a spit second both Goldfinch and Indigo Bunting were on the feeders - fraid I just wasn't fast enough. Then right after a Cardinal swooped in. What a dream if I could catch all 3 at the same time. Red - Blue - Yellow.

Grandkids were here and got to see them too.

Attachments

• 20190511_084439.jpg
    20190511_084439.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 20190511_084509.jpg
    20190511_084509.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 20190511_131621.jpg
    20190511_131621.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Ever get really close to a flower? Here's up close to a hibiscus that I took several years ago and sort of lost track of. It's one of my favorite macro shots.

i-zcpZfsx-L.jpg

That's gorgeous, Rick. I have some similar ones somewhere. I bought a Gorilla-pod to help with making good macro shots with my smartphone camera. It's about eight inches tall and I can wrap the legs around things to raise it up.
images%20(3).jpeg

That's gorgeous, Rick. I have some similar ones somewhere. I bought a Gorilla-pod to help with making good macro shots with my smartphone camera. It's about eight inches tall and I can wrap the legs around things to raise it up.
View attachment 34868

I have a Gorilla Pod too. Fun to wrap the legs around a tree branch or fence post. But my most used one for most purposes is my regular tripod. It has a center post that swivels and allows the camera to be mounted in almost any orientation desired, even as low as an inch from the ground (and my camera has a swiveling screen so I can still see to aim and focus without having to be a contortionist). Mine is this Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB with a similar ball head.

Attachments

• 263AB.jpg
    263AB.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 67
I have a Gorilla Pod too. Fun to wrap the legs around a tree branch or fence post. But my most used one for most purposes is my regular tripod. It has a center post that swivels and allows the camera to be mounted in almost any orientation desired, even as low as an inch from the ground (and my camera has a swiveling screen so I can still see to aim and focus without having to be a contortionist). Mine is this Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB with a similar ball head.
I have one of those, too. It's nice that the Gorilla Pod camera holder can screw into the standard tripod. With the neuropathy in my feet, I don't get out to take pictures as much as I used to.

I have one of those, too. It's nice that the Gorilla Pod camera holder can screw into the standard tripod. With the neuropathy in my feet, I don't get out to take pictures as much as I used to.

I have a smaller version of the same Vanguard brand ball head on my Gorilla Pod. It uses the same quick change system, and I keep the mounting plate on my camera all the time, so it's just a matter of seconds to lock the camera on either tripod.

Back
Top Bottom