Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that's interesting, Taxy. Kind of eerie, too. Especially if they were real.

Now that's interesting, Taxy. Kind of eerie, too. Especially if they were real.
Well, they aren't real. I thought that was kinda obvious. It would have been really, really weird if they were real, considering the time of year.

Gotta wonder what they were thinking. I have been putting out a few nuts for them every day, this winter.

Last edited:
taxlady said:
Well, they aren't real. I thought that was kinda obvious. It would have been really, really weird if they were real, considering the time of year.

Gotta wonder what they were thinking. I have been putting out a few nuts for them every day, this winter.

Guess they were thanking you! Nice.

This is Hubby's latest project. He used the original tailgate from our 1948 Ford pickup. It turned out really nice.

View attachment 17522

Last edited by a moderator:

If you look closely you can tell they are plastic... but I don't know how close you might live to a funeral parlor :ermm:
:LOL:

We have a very large oak tree at the end of our street. The acorns are a nuisance. I hate riding over them with my scooter. One of the residents in the building started to collect the good ones and saving them. Then when this winter's snow covered up everything, he put some out everyday feed the squirrels. He also removed some of the outside husks and chopped up the nuts inside for the birds. Those he scatters on the fenced in patio. The squirrels won't go there as it is part of the building and close to people. The birds have their nests in the tree located in the middle of the patio. At first I though he was a nut himself. Now I know different. How ingenious.

We have a very large oak tree at the end of our street. The acorns are a nuisance. I hate riding over them with my scooter. One of the residents in the building started to collect the good ones and saving them. Then when this winter's snow covered up everything, he put some out everyday feed the squirrels. He also removed some of the outside husks and chopped up the nuts inside for the birds. Those he scatters on the fenced in patio. The squirrels won't go there as it is part of the building and close to people. The birds have their nests in the tree located in the middle of the patio. At first I though he was a nut himself. Now I know different. How ingenious.

Guess that tree and the acorns weren't a nuisance to him, or the critters for that matter. Glad there is someone to deal with the nuts around there. :)

When I was a kid we used to make pipes out of acorns and swizzle sticks.
I guess it kept us busy before the days of Atari ;)
And I remember crafters using the caps as berets on their figurines/dolls or whatever they made. It was a long time ago...

When I was a kid we used to make pipes out of acorns and swizzle sticks.
I guess it kept us busy before the days of Atari ;)
And I remember crafters using the caps as berets on their figurines/dolls or whatever they made. It was a long time ago...

We used to make little Christmas ornament people and put those little "hats" on them. I had forgotten that.....

chopper said:
This is Hubby's latest project. He used the original tailgate from our 1948 Ford pickup. It turned out really nice.

That is so cool! What a great idea.

Please tell him give hum a high-5 from a fellow woodworker.

Thumbs up!

That is so cool! What a great idea.

Please tell him give hum a high-5 from a fellow woodworker.

Thumbs up!

Will do. Thanks he will like that!
He didn't use that tailgate on the truck because it was just too dented up from being a work truck for so long. He wanted to keep it, so he combined his hobbies and came up with this bench. That way he could justify keeping the tailgate. I just love it!

Thanks all! I was proud to show it off. He has made several benches now that are on our deck. We bought a bench years ago, and the wind blew it over and broke it. From that time forward he just makes his own, and they never blow over or break. We have several. :) I just thought that this idea was fantastic. He actually got the idea from his forum he is on. He just did his a little different from the other guy. By cutting the tailgate to really fit it into the bench where the bench would still be comfy to sit on.

What forum is that?

Ford Truck Enthusiasts, 1948-2011 Ford F150, Super Duty & SUV owners community and information source. Covers F100, F-150, F250, Bronco, Ranger, Explorer, Expedition, Lighting, Escape and More They have forums for different ranges of years. Like I said, we have a 48 so he is on that one. If you are into Ford trucks it is the place for you Jeff. :cool: They are a very well behaved group of people. He also goes into the jalopy journal forum but, just to warn you, they are not quite so well behaved there. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom