Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A bunch of pics from bluing my pistol today.
This is a gun I built from scratch, picking out and hand fitting all the parts together, polishing out the machining marks, and then taking it to a friends house to be blued.

Absolutely beautiful Pacanis! A little bacon greese and it'll work smooth!:)

Two of my favorite smells...bacon and gun oil...

What a great use for extra bacon grease!
It may take the place of cosmoline! :LOL:

Thanks Chopper!
I might have to go to a public range now just to show it off ;)
I shoot in my back yard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Chopper!
I might have to go to a public range now just to show it off ;)
I shoot in my back yard.

Nice. We aren't able to do that here, but my son (although three hours away) can shoot on his property. It is nice when that is a possibility. I actually like the targets they have for pistols on the ranges. One range we go to by my son's house has the metal knock down targets. I can really KA on those. Hubby loves to tell his friends about my doing better than anyone else. I guess it is because it is the only thing I have found that I can beat him at. He feels safe with me to protect him. :ROFLMAO: He tells about me and then says, "What a woman!" I'm ok with that!

Last edited:
Nice. We aren't able to do that here, but my son (although three hours away) can shoot on his property. It is nice when that is a possibility. I actually like the targets they have for pistols on the ranges. One range we go to by my son's house has the metal knock down targets. I can really KA on those. Hubby loves to tell his friends about my doing better than anyone else. I guess it is because it is the only thing I have found that I can beat him at. He feels safe with me to protect him. :ROFLMAO: He tells about me and then says, "What a woman!" I'm ok with that!

Women automatically shoot better than men, especially pistol. It's that lower center of gravity thing.
I have a couple steel plates. I use them when I don't feel like putting up a target. It's nice to see something move and react when you hit it. Last year someone gave me a fruit basket. I used up two apples on stuffing and the rest went out to the range :LOL:

That's beautiful work on that gun Pac!

Thanks Roadie. It was probably as rewarding for me as you feel when you build or mod a smoker. A nice sense of accomplishment.

I think I see a target next to a tree. What are those wooden things in the foreground?

That's a shooting bench and stool.

One of my kids bought a mini watermelon just to shoot! At least he bought another one to eat. :LOL:

I am so dreading fire season this year, it's going to hit us hard since we didn't have any winter to speak of. Sorry it's been so bad around you Chopper!

I am so dreading fire season this year, it's going to hit us hard since we didn't have any winter to speak of. Sorry it's been so bad around you Chopper!

Fortunately I don't live in a fire season area. When I lived in Everett, two towns over, way down below the highway were railroad tracks. The area leading down to that is filled with Cat-o-Nine-tails. Also wild wheat. The kids just love to set fire to them each year when they are really dry. The smoke brings traffic to a complete halt for miles around Several main routes feed into this area and during rush hour, all hell breaks loose. If you get caught in it while you are in your car, you have to literally abandon your car and get to safety.

I have lived in fire prone areas though. When I lived on the outskirts of Tacoma, there was a large piece of prairie behind my house. It caught fire one day during dry season and I watch the fire get closer and closer to my home. The fire trucks were racing to get ahead of the fire and stop it. Fortunately the wind change and caused the fire to go towards the open prairie. Usually there were always cows grazing there. But for some reason the farmer kept them in the barn that day. To bad. We could have had a BBQ on the hoof. :angel:

It was just that it was a week or two shy of a year ago that another fire hit the area. Tat one was considered the worse in history until this year. The count right now is 502 homes totally destroyed! The fire last year was just over three hundred. The fire is now 75 % contained, so that is nice. At the same time this terrible fire was going on, there were three others in Colorado, one being in the area of The Royal Gorge. Two people lost their lives in the Black Forest fire.:(

I saw this bug this morning and snapped a cell phone pic of it.
View attachment 18092
Did a little Googling and came up with this Luna Moth

They only live a week and don't have a mouth, so don't eat :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this bug this morning and snapped a cell phone pic of it.

Did a little Googling and came up with this Luna Moth

They only live a week and don't have a mouth, so don't eat :(

Beautiful. It's the spokes-moth for Lunesta sleep medication! Really cool to see in flight too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom