Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll believe that when pigs fly.
Wait, forget I said that :LOL:

Flying goats...the house was a split level, so the dining room was a floor and a half up. It's why it's such an indelible memory, we had a lot of fun on the dairy farm in the summers.

They got up there themselves. They had gotten into the yard and were on the trampoline, we were watching them fly by the window while we were eating breakfast.:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: Oh. My. Aching. Tummy! :ROFLMAO: Also PF, thanks for the tea spray on the monitor. BTW, I use milk in mine. :glare: Gotta go clean up Squirt (um, that's the notebook's name)

My favorite hunt'n spot.

img_1284485_0_1adba25bbbeaf7583617c73b5f340ef0.jpg

My favorite hunt'n spot.

img_1284487_0_1adba25bbbeaf7583617c73b5f340ef0.jpg

Can you folks sit on the ground when you hunt or are the ticks and chiggers too bad? Ever since I saw that one Survivorman where he had to burn the ground before he laid down to sleep (in GA) I always wondered about that.

We hiked in here this past week. Algonquin Provincial Park. One hour walk through the bush. It is a great little rapid with a few rock pools, warm water which runs between two lakes. Cool little flat rock that you can slide down from one pool to another. I would do it again, but my daughter said no way. Lots of dear flies....

Last edited by a moderator:
I will believe you if you tell me these are all the same basic pistol with mods though you couldn't prove it by me. I assume the black superstructure is a sight. Then there's the extension on the front and the knurled knob near the back. New trigger, slide, etc. New finish. Lots of holes. Please take a minute to explain the changes.

The parts I used off the original are the slide, frame and guide rod (which you can't see). Everything else is different.
That extended piece is a compensator (or muzzle brake) to reduce recoil. And yes, that's a red dot optic. And because of the optic the knob goes where the rear sight used to be to pull the slide back more easily because you can't really grab the slide anymore. And the holes/porting are put in to lighten it back up, plus they look cool ;) I've got a friend with a machine shop in his basement that did that. I polished the slide just to give it more of a two-tone look.
Google or youtube "race gun" and you'll see some crazy stuff. They are built to shoot fast in competition. I just wanted a plinker. Plus it kept me out of trouble for a few weeks :angel:

We hiked in here this past week. Algonquin Provincial Park. One hour walk through the bush. It is a great little rapid with a few rock pools, warm water which runs between two lakes. Cool little flat rock that you can slide down from one pool to another. I would do it again, but my daughter said no way. Lots of dear flies....

That looks like a fabulous place to hike :)

Can you folks sit on the ground when you hunt or are the ticks and chiggers too bad? Ever since I saw that one Survivorman where he had to burn the ground before he laid down to sleep (in GA) I always wondered about that.

I hunt from the ground. I take precautions for biting insects but some still make it thru. I use a Thermacell unit for mosquitos and biting flies. Thermacell is the best invention for the hunter, since the metallic cartridge was invented.:)

I hunt from the ground. I take precautions for biting insects but some still make it thru. I use a Thermacell unit for mosquitos and biting flies. Thermacell is the best invention for the hunter, since the metallic cartridge was invented.:)

Mine will be here Friday :)
Thanks for the product endorsement. I didn't know these existed and the mosquitoes have been pretty bad out back all year, even during the day. This will be a godsend.

Mine will be here Friday :)
Thanks for the product endorsement. I didn't know these existed and the mosquitoes have been pretty bad out back all year, even during the day. This will be a godsend.
You will find the Thermacell as an indispensable part of your outdoor equipment. I left mine at home on a short bowhunting trip. I discovered it missing as I was putting on my gear at the parking spot. I left there and went home to retrieve it. I knew better than try to suffer the consequences.

Back
Top Bottom