Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look like the variety "Stella d'Oro". That's a good choice for the border because they are hardy - you can't kill them if you try! I have older ones in my garden that are more orange. The yellow came out a year or two after I planted mine. They grow like crazy so I didn't need to buy any more.

They look like the variety "Stella d'Oro". That's a good choice for the border because they are hardy - you can't kill them if you try! I have older ones in my garden that are more orange. The yellow came out a year or two after I planted mine. They grow like crazy so I didn't need to buy any more.

Yes, they are. I have dozens around our property, all different colors. Stella does seem to bloom longer than my other daylilies.

Last edited:
I've got some day lilies, but I don't know if they have names. I just call them yellow and purple :huh:

I have some pretty yellow day lilies. But, I planted them (about 3 years ago) too close to the fence. All the stems are lying along the ground. I guess I should move them as soon as they stop blooming.

I looked out my big window today. The landscaper planted some new plants that sends out shoots all over the place. They are heading for my window right now. I feel like I am looking at a horror movie. It has giant leaves and grows at least six feet each day. I am going to have to take a picture. There is no way I can describe it. :angel:

I didn't know they kept moose in zoos. For all I know there are zoos with whitetail deer in them, too.

I saw one of those reality shows the other night where one guy was out collecting moose antlers in the snow. He would look for a beat up, rubbed tree that the moose used to knock them off with. I always thought they simply fell off, but according to this guy the moose can't wait to get rid of them.
Maybe it's like picking at a scab...

I didn't know they kept moose in zoos. For all I know there are zoos with whitetail deer in them, too.

I saw one of those reality shows the other night where one guy was out collecting moose antlers in the snow. He would look for a beat up, rubbed tree that the moose used to knock them off with. I always thought they simply fell off, but according to this guy the moose can't wait to get rid of them.
Maybe it's like picking at a scab...

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

We saw a sign by the side of the road that said, "we buy antlers".

Good thing there is someone to buy all of those used antlers you have hanging around. :wacko::ROFLMAO:

Once the rutting season is over, they immediately start to rub trees to get their rack loose enough so that they fall off. In late summer you will see them again at the trees trying to rub off the velvet. Coming from Maine, Bakechef can tell you even more. You may think they are cute, but they are very dangerous. Most members of the deer family will flee from humans. Moose will gladly take you on. And you will lose. Over the years we have had some that have come right into town. The public gets very upset when they have to medicate it so they can take him back to the woods where they belong. I guess they think you can just say "Here Moosey!" There have been some instances during the rutting season when the moose has to be put down on the spot.

The only member of the deer family that doesn't lose their antlers for the winter is the female reindeer. The males lose theirs. The females need theirs to defend for the offspring. Then they drop them in the Spring and grow new ones. :angel:

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

We saw a sign by the side of the road that said, "we buy antlers".

Good thing there is someone to buy all of those used antlers you have hanging around. :wacko::ROFLMAO:

Chopper, when I lived in Texas, my landlord used to process deer. Some folks wanted the antlers, most didn't. He sold the big ones to folks whose deer they had shot had a very small rack. Who wants to brag about that small deer they shot with a small rack. BTW, each year members of the deer family put a new point on their antlers. So if you see one with five points, you know it is five years old. And there are always the same amount of each side. :angel:

Right Addie. I was just joking around with Pac. I would much rather see the moose at Rocky Mountain National Park (we have been there many times), but we happen to have one at the local zoo. Just knew someone (aka Pac) would ask a silly question since it is behind chain link fence. :rolleyes:

Silly question?! For all I knew it jumped into that fenced area.
Aren't moose the animals that are always falling in love with a cow or pig or something?

Back
Top Bottom