Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Andy!
It's not anny particular make. It's the one I built from scratch. It's got a Remsport serial # on it if that means anything. He's up there in NE somewhere.

You don't actually need Photoshop to photoshop ;) I use Corel Paintshop Pro - have been since 1993.

Really cool pix, CG, and thanks for the chance to practice! :)
attachment.php

Well how cool is THAT?!? You did that so seamlessly it looks like one photo. BTW, would that be Shaun White practicing since the runs at Sochi aren't all that good?

Shrek wants to know how much you want for it...

It is beautiful!

ooh, then I can fund another one!
Thanks. Almost too nice to shoot... almost

Do you have a picture of the before?

Here are some pics along the way, PAG. This will save you (and me) from wading through the What are you doing? thread :LOL:
It was actually finished at one time with a nice hot blue, but I decided I wanted to rust blue it, which is more durable. It's the way they used to blue metals and many think the better way, but it's very time consuming. Layers of rust, boil it black, polish off the dust, repeat. I had to strip all the finish off it to get started. That was the point of no return.

I am sick of seeing it in real life, but I don't mind seeing the snow and ice in pictures. This one is from a few storms ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well how cool is THAT?!? You did that so seamlessly it looks like one photo. BTW, would that be Shaun White practicing since the runs at Sochi aren't all that good?

Thanks! :) I have no idea who it is. I googled for snowboarder halfpipe images and chose one that had a rider at the angle I wanted, then I copied the picture to my software. I never even looked at what website the photo came from, lol.

Thanks! :) I have no idea who it is. I googled for snowboarder halfpipe images and chose one that had a rider at the angle I wanted, then I copied the picture to my software. I never even looked at what website the photo came from, lol.

I've never had this type of software.
How does the software know what to crop out so just the image you want is left?

I've never had this type of software.
How does the software know what to crop out so just the image you want is left?

There's a selection tool you use to outline the part of the image you want, and various options for using the tool. If the object you want is clearly separate from the background, you can select the background based on the colors within a certain tolerance, and then increase or decrease the selection as needed. If not, you use the lasso or magic wand to outline, click by click, what you want. There's also a background eraser tool that does a pretty good job.

Then you copy the selection, choose the image where you want to paste it, and paste it as a new layer - think plastic transparencies in school. Since it's a separate layer from the background, you can move it around to where you want it. You can also paste it as a new image and have just the selection.

Last edited:
There's a selection tool you use to outline the part of the image you want, and various options for using the tool. If the object you want is clearly separate from the background, you can select the background based on the colors within a certain tolerance, and then increase or decrease the selection as needed. If not, you use the lasso or magic wand to outline, click by click, what you want. There's also a background eraser tool that does a pretty good job.

Then you copy the selection, choose the image where you want to paste it, and paste it as a new layer - think plastic transparencies in school. Since it's a separate layer from the background, you can move it around to where you want it. You can also paste it as a new image and have just the selection.

That's pretty much how MS Paint works with the lasso thingy.
I never had the patience to blow up the image and then trace it out using a mouse.
Thanks.

I am sick of seeing it in real life, but I don't mind seeing the snow and ice in pictures. This one is from a few storms ago.

It feels cold and starkly beautiful. That is what winter should look like.

Love it GB!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom