Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pac, that turned out really handsome.

I assume that lever on the left side near the hammer is the safety. What's the silver button on the left side behind the trigger?

The button behind the trigger (I don't think Pac answered this) is the magazine release. You press it to drop the mag.

oops, good catch, Phinz. I must have read that too quickly and assumed he meant the slide stop lever.

Look! It's Beagle!

261879_10152786119150273_372095192_n.jpg

A couple of random pics from yesterday, at the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve State Park, about an hour's drive from home. Despite the drought, the little bit of rain we had in Feb and March was enough to bring the poppies and other wildflowers to life. :)

My 3 yr. old grandson Tyler was such a trooper, he walked the entire 3 mile trail with us like a seasoned little hiker. He was so excited, he loves to get out and walk the great outdoors. :wub:

img_1358447_0_818c41354ceea98f602368047e1a2bbd.jpg

img_1358447_1_3c0b9d8a3917a469645d632b9215da8e.jpg

Cheryl, I followed the breadcrumb to hunt down these promised pictures. How spectacular, especially when the perfect combo of orange is sprinkled with purple Lupine's.

We have a nearby mountain we enjoy looking at from our front porch and I've often thought of how beautiful it would be with a smattering of California Poppy's. We found a recipe of how to make poppy balls out of seeds and fertilizer and want to get the neighborhood together to make the hundreds it would take to seed the mountain. Steve could fly us over it and I could drop the bombs. We could all be famous for generations to come!
Sounds like a plan to me. :bounce::flowers:

What beautiful pictures, Cheryl! And what a sweet l'il trooper your grandbaby is!

And poppy bombs, what a neat idea, Kayelle!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom