Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahh, it's YOU! lol.

The first look at this post there wasn't any text, just the pic.

Dawgluvers apple tree made me think of the cherry trees around here. I didn't make it there this year, because I was in Regensburg, but I have some from the past ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dawgluvers apple tree made me think of the cherry trees around here. I didn't make it there this year, because I was in Regensburg, but I have some from the past ;)

Oh, these are breathtaking, Cara!

Many years ago, we were in Washington, DC, when the cherry trees that were a gift from Japan were in bloom. They were spectacular. Then a few years ago, I read that some very busy beavers gnawed down the same cherry trees!

Last edited:
So much for apple trees producing every other year. My old, ratty tree is going nuts. Again. I see a food bank and random apple drop-offs in our future.
View attachment 21238

Didn't you just finish up with last year's crop? You were doing apples around the clock and ran out of people to give them to. I would suggest middle of the night deliveries to all you neighbors and then go out of town with them. Leave a bag on each porch. :angel:

Didn't you just finish up with last year's crop? You were doing apples around the clock and ran out of people to give them to. I would suggest middle of the night deliveries to all you neighbors and then go out of town with them. Leave a bag on each porch. :angel:

I'd love to have apples. There are two trees in the garden here and they have lots of apples every summer but I can't get at them either on the tree or on the ground because the area is so over grown.

My mother planted some dwarf conifers on a new rockery she starter abot 20 years ago. The "dwarves" are now fifteen feet high and growing upwards and out wards and I have to fight my way through them and a jungle of other "small" shrubs (mahonia, ceanothus and bachelor's buttons) to get near enough to see the apples let alone get near enough to pick hem. Can't knock them off with a long pool as I wouldn't be able to pick up the fruit

I did. Made my last batch of apple sauce in February. This year is supposed to be an "off" year. The apples are really good, both for eating and for cooking, I have no idea what the variety is. The tree is so tall it would behoove us to rent a cherry picker. Instead, I send DH up on a ladder with an apple picker pole that I made an extension for.

Tonight's sunset from the front porch. :) Got a little rain!
img_1365195_0_945d87cd34e807b799ab813774a4f8bc.jpg

Thank you, ladies. :) And yes, actually getting a little rain from those clouds instead of them just blowing over, was an added plus!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom