Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for your kind comments. The painting was done quite a while back (before I became a full time carer for my mother). I am now back at my flat but lack confidence and motive to open my paintbox again....

Yes they are watercolours (from tubes, since it's a large painting). I like vivid colours (as you can tell) so am a bit "heavy handed" on the pigments. :)

Just 2 more then...these are above my bed.

img_1375031_0_83cd07241ce37c5490584af2bf0d5a5c.jpg

Nice pics, creative! Hoping to see more!

Kayelle, I enjoyed your photos and story. The Columbia River Gorge IS a beautiful place, isn't it? The last time I was there was in 2001, some friends and I sat on a blanket on a grassy hillside overlooking the Gorge, and watched a Santana concert. Lots of fun and beautiful scenery. :)

Had such a great time yesterday up at my daughter and SIL's cabin up in Kennedy Meadows. It's only an hour's drive from here, but high up in the Sierras, at 7000'. It was so nice to leave the heat of the valley here behind us and play around in the mountains. The cabin is on 500 acres of private property so there was not another soul in sight, except for the critters. LOL. It was awesome.

Son-in-law taking the littles for a ride around the lake.
img_1375132_0_2071f4617eff7c902f9081268671d6a6.jpg

My little fishermen. They were using their little Spiderman fishing poles, and they all caught one!
img_1375132_1_71d8231713f0e755dd26d1aa0010540c.jpg

Their lake.
img_1375132_2_679284d49eeaa4deb3ff51b73669ace4.jpg

Some of the other residents. :)
img_1375132_3_d37bbeb527ea7ae7ce8d33016b1344f1.jpg

My one yr. old grandson trying to look through his daddy's binoculars, backwards. :LOL:
img_1375132_4_94c09b877e434eb8901e740660f3e395.jpg

The cabin.
img_1375132_5_2aec4d7b6153c856650bf5bcd9a14ffb.jpg

We took that cruise in 2008 PF and it's beautiful. It's one of our trip stories.
http://stevekathytravels.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/columbiarivercruise2008.pdf

Did you guys get to tour the Lightship? Shrek and I did, we were also able to climb the stairs of the Astoria Column...I made it all the way to the top. My legs were angry the next day. We spent 4 days in Astoria and the surrounding area.

So I wonder if the food has gotten any better on the cruise. Thanks for the link!

Did you guys get to tour the Lightship? Shrek and I did, we were also able to climb the stairs of the Astoria Column...I made it all the way to the top. My legs were angry the next day. We spent 4 days in Astoria and the surrounding area.

So I wonder if the food has gotten any better on the cruise. Thanks for the link!

PF, here's the latest review on that river cruise. Queen of the West Cruise Ship Reviews - American Cruise Lines

We love cruising and your best information for any cruise can be found at cruisecritic.com.

PF, here's the latest review on that river cruise. Queen of the West Cruise Ship Reviews - American Cruise Lines

We love cruising and your best information for any cruise can be found at cruisecritic.com.

I just wanted to add PF, that the 30 day cruise we recently took around South America on Princess cost much less than the river cruise on the American Columbia river cruise we did in 2008. Flying at least one way however, is not optional. ;)

Yes they are watercolours (from tubes, since it's a large painting). I like vivid colours (as you can tell) so am a bit "heavy handed" on the pigments. :)

I'm the same way with watercolors. I've done three paintings - the first two look more like tempera paint! :LOL: The third turned out really nice, so I quit. Wanted to end on a high note.

Cheryl, those photos are really nice.Cute grandkids too. And that last one is of the "cabin"? :huh: That cabin looks like it's three times the size of our house! So much to clean, so little time interest.

I just wanted to add PF, that the 30 day cruise we recently took around South America on Princess cost much less than the river cruise on the American Columbia river cruise we did in 2008. Flying at least one way however, is not optional. ;)

Thanks Kayelle.

The reviews are very mixed. Not sure I would want to spend that much money and have the same experience as some.

Cheryl, those photos are really nice.Cute grandkids too. And that last one is of the "cabin"? :huh: That cabin looks like it's three times the size of our house! So much to clean, so little time interest.

Thanks, CG! Yes, it's big. If you noticed that it's in the shape of a barn, that's because it used to be one. :) There was a fire and the main cabin burned down about 15 years ago, so the guys in the family all got together and rebuilt from the barn.

The wooden beams in the pic used to be part of the horse stalls. They're not too worried about keeping it spic and span, as you can see the floor is dusty. :LOL:

img_1375382_0_b98b25f843172a3ec1e011cbe9759afc.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom