Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, ladies!

I too have to admit, that I'm more apt to see sunsets than sunrises. :sleep: Once in a while, I'm actually up early enough to see the sun rise, but there's too many trees to see much of it anyway. :ermm::LOL:

When I was small, there was a new sapling across the street from our home that the city had planted. My father used to go over there and shake it for me so the birds would wake up and sing just for me. :angel:

This is one reason we don't use chemical fertilizers or week killers on our lawn. (The other reasons are we're cheap and we're lazy. ;) ) Lucky bunnies - we don't hunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, such cuties

No, they are not! They destroyed all my lush green bean plants, and drive Beagle absolutely crazy! She leaps and runs around from furniture to furniture when she spots them from inside the house, and has been impossible to walk, as she tugs and practically pulls my arm out of the socket whenever she sees them. I have one partial stalk of my formerly beautiful mums left. Worst bunny season I've ever seen.

CG, I'd love to send you a couple dozen more bunnies, but I fear that won't help. ;)

Cute pic though.

Last edited:
Agree. Baby mice are also cute, as are baby skunks.

Life in the country.

Last edited:
At least the bunnies are quiet, even if they are voracious plant killers. Still, we think they're an improvement over the rafter of turkeys that wandered through our yard for a number of years, uphill in the morning and downhill at night. Then, about 9-10 years ago, they stopped. Top count was 23 birds. :ohmy: Those gobblers can get loud! Recently, a small trio has been wandering through the yard, waking everyone up with backyard-facing bedroom windows.

This is one reason we don't use chemical fertilizers or week killers on our lawn. (The other reasons are we're cheap and we're lazy. ;) ) Lucky bunnies - we don't hunt.

Bunnies, Bunnies, Bunnies!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(this was before I saw Dawg's post)

Darn Bunnies ruin everything, bet they would all love to go to CG's house.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Too bad they are very good for eating. Only tame ones are eating tender. Wild ones are gamey and tough. :angel:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Too bad they are very good for eating. Only tame ones are eating tender. Wild ones are gamey and tough. :angel:
I wouldn't know. I have only eaten wild snowshoe hare. They weren't gamey or tough, but they didn't taste like chicken. The most noticeable thing about them was the lack of fat.

I couldn't hurt, much less eat these bunnies, but I wish something else, like the coyotes, foxes or eagles would help out!

With our bunnies, you can get within two feet of them, and they turn their backs on you and ignore you. Bold little monsters.

This swallowtail butterfly just emerged from its cocoon - in our kitchen! It was on a bunch of parsley from my garden that I had put in a glass of water. I saw the caterpillar and a few days later, there was a cocoon. And today - a beautiful butterfly!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom