Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, my beauty! Here she is, reconstructing her web! View attachment 23342

We'll try this again:
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1440991472.849478.jpg

She's about 1.5 inches stretched out. My camera washed out her beautiful red striped legs. I'm just pleased that she held still for a picture! I think I've traumatized her for life, so I'm leaving her alone for awhile.

We get the big spider webs in October. For now I have the small spider webs stretched all over my tomato plants. They sure have done a great job keeping plant invaders away! I move spiders from inside to outside. Never ever kill them! They are truly great gifts of nature.

Ah, here's some of the red!ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1440995886.580070.jpg
Apparently they eat the previous day's web and build new ones the next day.

Last edited:
Nice pet spider, Dawg. Please make sure she doesn't stray far from home - we have enough pet spiders in our house and yard. Unfortunately, none of them are as pretty as yours.

DH took this photo of a garden spider in our patio raised garden. She's got a carpenter bee in her web.

Attachments

• 1441016288486.jpg
    1441016288486.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 135
They're pretty common here. At one point, we had five webs from these spiders in the garden - some in the veggie garden :clap: She hung an egg sac from the fence a couple weeks ago, and may be getting ready to have another one.

Random Photo

Hawaii May 2012 353.jpg

Every few years, my husband and I go back home to Hawaii.
This photo of an Opah or Moon Fish was taken in 2012 at the Honolulu Fish Auction.
That thing is enormous! That's my foot, size 6 by the way, in the shot to emphasize the point... them's good eats too :yum:
The tag on the fish is shows the boat that caught it and the weight, 138 pounds. We had a great time. I had no idea that anyone could just walk in to the auction, watch, bid and buy fresh fish. We saw a couple of families buying Ahi or Tuna for luaus that afternoon.

That's one massive fish, K-Girl! I've had opah in Hawaii, delicious.

Kayelle, I'm glad I didn't post a pic of the 1/3 of a garter snake I found on my front step the other day...whole, live, intact snakes don't bother me. Partial snakes skeeze me out.

That's one massive fish, K-Girl! I've had opah in Hawaii, delicious.

Kayelle, I'm glad I didn't post a pic of the 1/3 of a garter snake I found on my front step the other day...whole, live, intact snakes don't bother me. Partial snakes skeeze me out.
I hear ya.

Well, I admit to having a phobia about snakes. I can't even stand seeing them on TV.
Like most irrational fears it comes from my childhood when my teen age half brother thought it was cute to tease his 5 yr old little sister with them. He had a ball of rattles from Rattlesnakes hanging on the rear view mirror of his car. I still shiver with the memory.

Back
Top Bottom