Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This picture is of a Safeway grocery store and Mt. Rainier in the background. I thought it was so cool the way the mountain stood out. Gives you and idea of how high up it is.

img_1217190_0_83f57e5e69b4a5c9cc2581c352aba59b.jpg

I lived in Tacoma and Spanaway Washington. I would look out my window every morning as I opened the curtains and there woud be Mt. Ranier. Providing it was raining. At the end of the road where I lived was a prarie, so there were no houses in the way of the view. Absolutly breathtaking. Looking out my back door I would see the Olympics snow capped. So I had a view of the mountains all year long. :angel:

I lived in Tacoma and Spanaway Washington. I would look out my window every morning as I opened the curtains and there woud be Mt. Ranier. Providing it was raining. At the end of the road where I lived was a prarie, so there were no houses in the way of the view. Absolutly breathtaking. Looking out my back door I would see the Olympics snow capped. So I had a view of the mountains all year long. :angel:

I drank Ranier's beer before. Just sayin' :LOL:

What is that older car there? A '67 Tempest or something?

i sure do miss vb. on my way to the breakfast thread, i see one of her yummy food pics quite often,:) and that feels good, makes me smile. her pictures and comments on this thread are truly memorable, as is she....:)

well, there you are, taffy! such a cutie. with that face and those ears, taffy doesn't need to smile in order to get my cookies....:)

mrslmb, what breed dogs are they? are they good buddies?

Beautiful old rifles. I've never seen scopes like those.

That's a nice tight grouping.

Thanks Andy. I love old scopes. They are quite a novelty in the way they were built and you adjusted them (externally).

A buddy of mine is a "bench rest" shooter. Those guys shoot centerfire rifles at 100 yds and have a piece of paper behind their targets moving side to side. That's so the judges can count that they fired the required five shots. Five shots literally make one hole in the actual target they are aiming at. You should hear him talk about how the bullets fly differently when the sun goes in, wind let-off and about the ground mirage when it's hot. I try to retain some of it :wacko:

well, there you are, taffy! such a cutie. with that face and those ears, taffy doesn't need to smile in order to get my cookies....:)

mrslmb, what breed dogs are they? are they good buddies?

Zipper is a red mini doxie and he is 13 years old. Taffy is a maniac Jack Russell Terrier and she is 9 years old. Yes they are buddies but Zippy rules the roost. Even though Taffy is at least 9" taller than Zippy, what he says goes and she totally respects him.

Wow .. cool thread !

Here are 2 random photos .. my 2 dogs.

This is Zipper smiling because he heard there was a cookie to be had

And this is Taffy wondering why she can't have 3 cookies !

They're adorable! And you're sure Zipper is smiling? Nice teeth! :LOL: I can see why he's in charge!

Last edited:
i sure do miss vb. on my way to the breakfast thread, i see one of her yummy food pics quite often,:) and that feels good, makes me smile. her pictures and comments on this thread are truly memorable, as is she....:)

I miss Vanilla Bean too Vit! I always felt close to her, since she was here in Washington. You know, looking closely at that pic she posted of Mt. Rainier I am 99% sure that, that Safeway is the one around the corner from my daughter's house. Incredible.....I wish I would have known while she was still with us. :(

Wow .. cool thread !

Here are 2 random photos .. my 2 dogs.

This is Zipper smiling because he heard there was a cookie to be had

img_1217284_0_fab9731fb7e6b6c98286c486b927b493.jpg

And this is Taffy wondering why she can't have 3 cookies !

img_1217284_1_ce0b7dfdf11fed5bff03f1fd17a9d99a.jpg

Smile big!!!

and a Jack Russell Terror! Run amok, run amok!

Junior Doctor

This is my favorite pic of my grandson following in his father's steps. the tubes on the toy steth lets you actually hear the heart beat. That is his maternal grandmother. :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a Cooper's Hawk. It lives somewhere close here and it hates me !

When we first moved here, during the summer months when I would go out on my back deck he would dive bomb me.

We finally figured that he must think I am trying to get "his" prey - the
multitude of small birds that live in the shrubs next door.

So now we have an understanding. That tennis racket I have in my hand means stay away from me LOL

img_1217385_0_6e24bc91459d08b5a879fc449afe9302.jpg

This is a Cooper's Hawk. It lives somewhere close here and it hates me !

When we first moved here, during the summer months when I would go out on my back deck he would dive bomb me.

We finally figured that he must think I am trying to get "his" prey - the
multitude of small birds that live in the shrubs next door.

So now we have an understanding. That tennis racket I have in my hand means stay away from me LOL

img_1217390_0_6e24bc91459d08b5a879fc449afe9302.jpg

Wouldn't a Badminton racket be more appropriate?;)

Back
Top Bottom