Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wouldn't a Badminton racket be more appropriate?;)

ROFL yeppers ... gotta get one of those for that 'birdie' :LOL:

Here's one I took last winter .. kind of cool.

img_1217410_0_6fad5c0af319779f0644000188661773.jpg

Very pretty. How big would you say it is/was?

Wee tiny ... maybe 1/8 inch. That day we had a dry snow .. just blew the pile around .. fired up the macro .. looked for cool shapes and there you have it!

Here are a few I took several years ago at Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada. This park is about 40 miles N. of Las Vegas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow .. didn't expect such a great response to my snowflake ! Glad you all enjoyed it. I have others but you know how it is .. so many pics and not well organized :(

Anyway .. here's a picture of a mommy cardinal feeding her baby. We have a nesting pair that live in one of our trees. We feed them daily .. all year long. If they are hungry and we haven't gone out to feed them they peck on the patio door glass LOL

If you are not familiar with Cardinals, the female is the one with the orange beak.

img_1217836_0_70b969724568f72f3777567bbfd67262.jpg

Wow .. didn't expect such a great response to my snowflake ! Glad you all enjoyed it. I have others but you know how it is .. so many pics and not well organized :(

Anyway .. here's a picture of a mommy cardinal feeding her baby. We have a nesting pair that live in one of our trees. We feed them daily .. all year long. If they are hungry and we haven't gone out to feed them they peck on the patio door glass LOL

If you are not familiar with Cardinals, the female is the one with the orange beak.

img_1217842_0_70b969724568f72f3777567bbfd67262.jpg

AWESOME... inspiring; impressive; awestricken (Webster's) :)

Pretty neat. I didn't know they would continue to feed them once they are out of the nest.

sure is beautiful, cm. it's a real clean, rugged kind of beauty. are the pink flowers related to portculakis by any chance, do you know?

No Vitauta. I don't know. I am always amazed at the vastness of fauna & changing beauty of the desert. It really does have a beauty all it's own. This particular park is noted for it's ancient indian hyroglyphics, heiroglyphics, (ancient indian writing)(spelling?) There are caves and indian writings on the rocks everywhere. The sandstone is simply RED. The earth is fine red like talcum powder in places where it has been worn down by nature. A campground with a view of Lake Mead. Endless Hiking.
A beautiful place if you ever get the opportunity :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I was just so amazed it was a real snowflake! It's so perfect! I almost posted it on Facebook. If it were my picture I would have, but I am not a huge fan of all the random crap people post on there, so I try not to do it myself. But great job with the snowflake. I absolutely love it!

Here is one of our Hibiscus plants. This one is called Mandarin Wind. The flowers on it are huge .. about 7" across.

I miss them so much during the winter months.

img_1218688_0_164901f0417e2b43b13fa621da67b9d2.jpg

No Vitauta. I don't know. I am always amazed at the vastness of fauna & changing beauty of the desert. It really does have a beauty all it's own. This particular park is noted for it's ancient indian hyroglyphics, heiroglyphics, (ancient indian writing)(spelling?) There are caves and indian writings on the rocks everywhere. The sandstone is simply RED. The earth is fine red like talcum powder in places where it has been worn down by nature. A campground with a view of Lake Mead. Endless Hiking.
A beautiful place if you ever get the opportunity :)

Setting the record straight:
I am here to correct myself after educating myself. I was confusing 'hieroglyphics' (spelling corrected) with 'petroglyphs' (been a while since I was at the park) Hieroglyphics are a formal writing system used by ancient egyptians. What is found in the Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada are 'petroglyphs' which are actually rock engravings used by the Anasazi Indian Pueblo Farmers who lived in the area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom