Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a vinca/periwinkle, a nice ground cover plant.

Yep, that's what it is! :) There are sooo many aphids on it this year. :ohmy: I've just been researching ordering ladybugs online. Think I might do that. They say that if the ladybugs are put on the plant after sunset that they will likely stay, since they don't fly at night. :)

Yep, that's what it is! :) There are sooo many aphids on it this year. :ohmy: I've just been researching ordering ladybugs online. Think I might do that. They say that if the ladybugs are put on the plant after sunset that they will likely stay, since they don't fly at night. :)

Hmm. The soap spray might be the best thing to try first, Cheryl, or even a really hard water spray from the hose. It's the lady bug larvae that actually do most of the aphid eating, and from what I've read and seen, the lady bugs still take off at the first opportunity. An all-purpose organic spray that has served me very well is Pyola, a combo of pyrithrins and canola oil, that I get from Gardens Alive.

I have vinca vine all over, have not seen any aphid infestations. After the winter we've had, I don't expect many bugs this year!

Good to know, Dawg. I'll take your advice and try the soap spray first. I already blasted it with the hose today while I was outside grilling. Thanks for the info! :flowers:

Behold: the lost art of icicle balancing.

img_1353230_0_f2244a565964886e6dbf91c8d6736cca.jpg

I just finished up the pistol I've been working on.
Nothing left to do now but fine tune it.

Pac, that turned out really handsome.

I assume that lever on the left side near the hammer is the safety. What's the silver button on the left side behind the trigger?

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out myself.

Andy, yes. The lever by the hammer is a thumb safety. It stands out so much because it is an extended one. The idea is to rest your thumb on it while shooting (I'm rt ahnded).
And the other lever is the takedown lever/slide release. And it also funtions to hold the slide open after the last shot. It's a multi-tasker.

Not a problem
But just so you know, I came >this close< to saying I didn't know what they did. :LOL:

Very nice, pac. Thank you for sharing your pics. They are so crystal clear and show up so well against the blue background!

Thanks CG, thanks Cheryl.
I have other colored backgrounds. Do you want to see more, lol.

I wish I had started this 15-20 years ago. I'd have a shop right now. I love doing this stuff. Laws being what they are though I can only do it for myself.

Thanks CG, thanks Cheryl.
I have other colored backgrounds. Do you want to see more, lol.

I wish I had started this 15-20 years ago. I'd have a shop right now. I love doing this stuff. Laws being what they are though I can only do it for myself.

Beautiful result pac. I was going to ask if you were a Smitty but I guess your last sentence answered my question.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom