Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheryl, I followed the breadcrumb to hunt down these promised pictures. How spectacular, especially when the perfect combo of orange is sprinkled with purple Lupine's.

We have a nearby mountain we enjoy looking at from our front porch and I've often thought of how beautiful it would be with a smattering of California Poppy's. We found a recipe of how to make poppy balls out of seeds and fertilizer and want to get the neighborhood together to make the hundreds it would take to seed the mountain. Steve could fly us over it and I could drop the bombs. We could all be famous for generations to come!
Sounds like a plan to me. :bounce::flowers:

Lady Bird Johnson would love you. :angel:

Tough thread to find without anybody posting any random pics...

Chicks first day. Hour actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm barely getting flowers on my lilac bushes. I'm wondering if the cold temps affected the buds like it did a few years ago.

They're a native wildflower. If you dig them up or step on them, they'll die. This patch has increased in size over the years.

I have plenty of "regular" violets growing in the yard.

Last edited:
I'm barely getting flowers on my lilac bushes. I'm wondering if the cold temps affected the buds like it did a few years ago.

In the housing complex where Spike lives, there are lilac bushes all over the grounds. We know they are lilac bushes, but the bushes don't know it this year. Not one flower yet. I wonder if the Arboretum in Jamaica Plain have any flowers on their bushes. They have thousands of bushes of all kinds. One of the traditions is for families to bring a picnic on Mother's Day when all the bushes are in full bloom. The air makes you very heady with the aroma. :angel:

I wonder too. Miss Kim, my dwarf Korean lilac that sits in a shady protected corner, has buds like crazy. She usually blooms a month after regular lilacs. The white one that FIL gave us,and that has the prime real estate, has no blooms this year. Last year it went nuts. When we went on our walk, we saw several lilacs in bloom, but they were in protected locations or down in the woods.

I wonder too. Miss Kim, my dwarf Korean lilac that sits in a shady protected corner, has buds like crazy. She usually blooms a month after regular lilacs. The white one that FIL gave us,and that has the prime real estate, has no blooms this year. Last year it went nuts. When we went on our walk, we saw several lilacs in bloom, but they were in protected locations or down in the woods.

I wish I could go to the Arboretum this coming Mother's Day to see the lilacs in bloom.

Arnold Arboretum - Boston - Reviews of Arnold Arboretum - TripAdvisor

:angel:

So much for apple trees producing every other year. My old, ratty tree is going nuts. Again. I see a food bank and random apple drop-offs in our future.
View attachment 21238

Last edited:
Here is one that surfaced from the past. My son and I when I lived in Italy back in '86. We were at the bar his mother and I had.....
10246452_10152071370132401_4233161631637287074_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom