Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going through some old shots from my time living in the 808, what I wouldn't do to be back there!

8104531151_43910f3864_b.jpg

8104531983_00052edb0a_h.jpg

8103907704_b61297b8fc_b.jpg

8103399580_31b6250318_b.jpg

That first one is my favorite of your pictures. I'm sure I have other favorites, but that one ranks at the top.

Things we saw back home

Went for a little ride to get good Amish smoked meat and ran across a couple things. Just a few pics: 1) sunset, reflected 2) a bit different eggroll 3) peacock and pony 4) for our British friends and 5) for PF and other fans - only about 1/4 to 1/3 of their buildings!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, those are gorgeous pics, Tattrat. :ohmy: Dawg, I love your pic. Looks like a lovely vacation getaway. Love the horse and buggy!

Nice pics, CG. I've always wanted to visit Amish country. So beautiful. :)

Aww. Thanks Cj and Cheryl. :)

The Disney cruise ship is cool, when they leave, they play "When You Wish Upon a Star."

We can't wait to get back, we love Cozumel!

Cool pics, CG and Tat!

Last edited:
Went for a little ride to get good Amish smoked meat and ran across a couple things. Just a few pics: 1) sunset, reflected 2) a bit different eggroll 3) peacock and pony 4) for our British friends and 5) for PF and other fans - only about 1/4 to 1/3 of their buildings!

Lehman's!!! Thanks CG, love their products! The other pics are nice too, but the shopping opportunities:ROFLMAO:

Dawg, have you ever been on one of those cruise ships?

PF, many years ago I went on a Caribbean cruise with Mom, Baby Bro, and my sister, Cruella the Horrid. We went on Norwegian. It was OK, but DH and I much prefer to stay in one place and get to know an island.

That said, for you and Shrek, it might be a great way to see stuff! We plan to hit the Greek islands as well as Alaska on a cruise some time.

Last edited:
My BIL and his third ex just loved the Greek island cruise. They did it 3 times. It's sort of a bucket list item for me.

We went on a cruise in the eastern Caribbean several years ago and really enjoyed it. We're going on a western Caribbean cruise in February to celebrate our 30th anniversary. That one will be on Norwegian. My aunt and uncle have been on river cruises in Europe and loved them. I think they're doing another one this fall.

The European river cruises have interested me too. And there used to be a paddleboat cruise on the Mississippi that started north and ended up in New Orleans. That sounded like fun too.

I'll be honest, I absolutely LOVE cruising. For me, it's great bang for the buck, you get settled in/unpacked and you're done. You can be as involved or relaxed as you want, don't have to worry about buying food, you get to see a few places, and the typical day at sea forces you to unplug and just be.

As an aside, being from Bermuda, it's the cheapest way for me to go/stay without staying with friends or family. I can book a 7 day home out of NYC, Norfolk or Baltimore for far cheaper than airfare/hotel to/on Bermuda. . .and eating on the island is far from cheap.

I highly recommend them if you want a great bang for the buck.

I was thinking about a river cruise on the Columbia River, it visits my most favorite town in the world, Astoria, OR. Getting to Portland and back would be a bit of a mess and it is not cheap, almost $5000 per person.

Back
Top Bottom