Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, I don't breed. It's healthier for the dog (males too) to let them go through puberty before spaying or neutering. Especially a large breed dog. And it helps the females to be more feminine and the males more masculine to get that shot of hormones. I always wait until the dog is 1-1/2 to 2 years old.

I didn't know that.

I knew that and tried it with my beautiful Aussie pup. We had her in our yard with a six foot fence, and panties when a big mutt fence jumper ruined our plans of letting her come into her first heat. I took out after that brute with water hose in hand but it was too late. It was a horrible experience for the whole family, her included. Never again.

Last edited:
I didn't know that.

I didn't either. Good to know.

Yeah, something to do with the growth plates not closing correctly if they don't get their hormones. Along with certain features, especially in males. They don't get that muscular look and blocky head if they are snipped too soon.
Some vets will recommend not neutering a male if it is diagnosed with dyplasia early enough for that reason, but of course they still want to spay the female. Too many reckless people in our country to have unspayed females, even if it's healthier for them.

And I just noticed this was random pics and not the pet thread... carry on ;)

My daughter and I had to re-certify in CPR on Tuesday. Everyone else in our family here had to work, so we had no child care for my 4 year old grandson and had to bring him with us. The instructor was awesome! He gave Tyler his own practice dummy to 'work on', and Tyler learned something at the same time! :LOL:

img_1379393_0_7b195481b01fdd09a947d745c2a69f6e.jpg

I firmly believe that every minute of a 4 year old's day is a learning experience. May as well be something that is constructive! :)

That's how Poo got interested in medicine. There was a bad crash right in front of my home. Poo ran into the house and got a blanket and clean sheets out of the linen closet for me so I could cover the compound fracture in the woman's clavicle bone. I let Poo help me. He was about four also. I let him cover her on the other side of the car. He was really good about following my directions. After, I told him why we had to cover her injury. He just soaked that all in and was hooked from that day forward.

The woman had over $3,000.00 in her purse. I gave her my name and address and phone #. Later that day she gave it to her husband and he called me to tell me how she was doing. He came the next day to get her purse. All she could talk about to her husband was about Poo helping her. :angel:

Found this in my back yard:

View attachment 21662

I'll have to look it up in my mushroom book. Anyone else know what it is? (The foot is mine.)

Aha! A Black-Staining Polypore. Unlike Hen of the Woods, probably shouldn't eat it.

Last edited:
That is one big, honkin' mushroom Dawg! Before I read your caption I was trying to figure out if it was a flower of some kind. Maybe one of those huge crepe paper flowers they used to sell at fair!

Back
Top Bottom