Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Took a drive through Deal's Gap to Cashiers, NC on Wednesday in my wife's new Outback. Need to put some varied miles on before we leave for Disney World in 10 days.

15432434559_0081d6826b_b.jpg

15619919122_fd3b0cc418_b.jpg

15432965698_713bbe44e5_b.jpg

CG...omgoodness, how I'd love to have woods like that in my own backyard. Beautiful!

FarmerJon...that is such a sweet pic of your little guy on the tractor. :wub: I have 5 grandsons ages 5, 4, 4, 3, and 1 so I'm partial to their cuteness! :LOL:

phinz...what gorgeous fall scenery! :ohmy:

My daughter and SIL go all out for Halloween every year.

"The Lovely Ladies", as they call them, were born of yard sale items and thrift shop finds, and made an appearance at their Halloween party again today. :LOL:

img_1395910_0_8df7aec32fd867960c89b55a5b27ac41.jpg

Cheryl, those "Lovely Ladies" are great! And here I was all impressed with myself for having our pumpkin carved before the beggars showed up. I carved ours on Wednesday, rather than starting about 15 minutes before the start of the races. And yes, that's a cleft in the pumpkin's chin. I told our son I used him for my "model". The NICU nurse called him "Kirk" (Douglas) when he was born. :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Dawg and Kayelle!

Kay, "disturbingly tres chic" is the most apt description I've heard - I'll pass that on to my daughter! And yes, a tiara would be perfect. The Lovely Ladies will probably change and grow throughout the years. :LOL:

My daughter and SIL are both artists, so they have that creativity goin' on. I'll try to find the ghouly hitchhiking ghosts Steve carved and painted for an entrance to their Halloweeny home. :LOL:

Last edited:
Cheryl, those "Lovely Ladies" are great! And here I was all impressed with myself for having our pumpkin carved before the beggars showed up. I carved ours on Wednesday, rather than starting about 15 minutes before the start of the races. And yes, that's a cleft in the pumpkin's chin. I told our son I used him for my "model". The NICU nurse called him "Kirk" (Douglas) when he was born. :LOL:

"Kirk Douglas"....that's perfect, CG! I have a candle and a straw scarecrow on my front porch, and called that good. :LOL:

Last edited:
:LOL: The Halloweeny entrance to their front yard - SIL Steve carved, built, and painted everything but the humans. lol

img_1395959_0_540dabbb7df3129c991a97bc4b46d71a.jpg

Just one more, then I'm done....I don't want to be boring....just want to share some fun pics. :LOL: They had a lot of trick or treaters coming to their house, and this little girl loved the ghosty window. :)

img_1395959_1_7f6a2a419be29dcf500c94217459b678.jpg

Last edited:
Spike tonight mentioned when it was just too dangerous for kids to go trick or treating. Razor blades, acid, and all sorts of other horrible things that had been put in candy in the previous year. So the city we were living in held a huge party for the kids in the two movie theatres in our town. He even remembered the movie they saw and some of the acts that were shown. Like a great magic show whereby the magician brought kids up on stage to help him. Spike got to be one of the kids. Fortunately, today sanity has returned to Halloween and the kids are allowed to have fun once again and be kids. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom