Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, guys. This is just one butterfly -- open his wings and it's presto-change-o. The thorns are on the Kapoc tree - fibers from which are used for stuffing cushions and such. It also has beautiful flowers in the Fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, guys. This is just one butterfly -- open his wings and it's presto-change-o. The thorns are on the Kapoc tree - fibers from which are used for stuffing cushions and such. It also has beautiful flowers in the Fall.

Very pretty!

Made me think of this old quote from Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr.

“Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.”

We got snow! Although it' been bitter cold on and off this winter, it's been a very brown one. Big, fat flakes were floating down about 8:15 this morning, sticking to a lot of things. If you look closely, you can see them between the branches, against the darker background. I couldn't resist taking a picture. :) Himself keeps stalling, but that 5-6 inches of snow in the driveway won't clear itself! Wet and heavy, it's not fit for shoveling. Every time I've tried to fight our huge snowblower, it's won. We could be housebound for a while...:ermm:

Very, very pretty, CG! :wub: I do hope you're not housebound, though!

From one extreme to the other :LOL:, it's been warm and sunny, and today I picked up 6 lbs of strawberries from the roadside stand. :yum:

roadside? :huh: There are high street shops with fruit and veg outside in open boxes....I won't touch them! Maybe air pollution is not a problem where you are?

Last edited:
roadside? :huh: There are high street shops with fruit and veg outside in open boxes....I won't touch them! Maybe air pollution is not a problem where you are?

Wow...:LOL:
No, actually air pollution isn't a problem here in my small town at the base of the Sierra Nevada mountain range....no cities with air pollution for at least a hundred miles. I know the vendors, I know where the produce comes from, I know how long they are at the dreaded roadside stands before they are sold out, and I've been buying from them for years. LOL :LOL:

Last edited:
Thank you ladies, it was just a quick shot with my cell phone before it disappeared, so the focus is off a little....but it did look like the sky was on fire. :)

Thanks so much, he's grandma's little man....I love that little guy to the moon and back a million times....:LOL:

That photo reminds me of a joke where a baby has just been born. The midwife hands it to the mother and says "congratulations, it's a lawyer!"

My 4 year old little man in his first suit. :wub: :LOL:

When Poo was ten years old, he had to wear a suit as he was in the wedding party for my daughter's wedding. He complained about it for the whole day. Come high school and the proms, and he wanted to be stepping high. Including a top hat. Now he has to wear a suit most of the time when he is not working. He gives a lot of lectures to med students and at medical conferences. From scrubs to suits. He must have about ten suits now hanging in his closet.

That little one looks darling in his first suit. Is there a special place he is going in it? :angel:

When Poo was ten years old, he had to wear a suit as he was in the wedding party for my daughter's wedding. He complained about it for the whole day. Come high school and the proms, and he wanted to be stepping high. Including a top hat. Now he has to wear a suit most of the time when he is not working. He gives a lot of lectures to med students and at medical conferences. From scrubs to suits. He must have about ten suits now hanging in his closet.

That little one looks darling in his first suit. Is there a special place he is going in it? :angel:
Not surprised he complained at that age on having to wear a suit...a suit is far too stiff for the activities children like to get up to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom