Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great spider and web pics, GG and Dawg....Andy, I could have sworn I saw a great web pic you posted but I can't see it now.

kgirl...that is one huge colorful fish. :ohmy:

What happened???

We don't get picturesque spider webs often. This is from a few years ago. I sprayed it with water for effect. I'm sure spider man (or woman) wasn't happy.

I put up post #1937 with a picture of a spider web. I saw it but now it's gone. What's going on???

It looked like this:

Attachments

• DSC01684.jpg
    DSC01684.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 147
That's the one I saw - I went back to look at it today to comment on what a pretty pic it was, and it was gone..

Well, the consensus is, we have no idea. Thankfully, Andy was able to repost his pic!

Checked on my girl, she's busy reconstructing her web. Sadly as much as I try, I can't get her beautiful coloring in a pic.

She hangs out on the top of the door trim during the day. I think there's an egg sac up there.

Last edited:
While walking to the store one day I say a beautiful spider with various meals caught in her perfect web. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me. Today every phone has a camera. And I always make sure I have mine with me. Not for the phone calls, but for what wonder I may see. :angel:

I was dusting and re-arranging display frames today, and thought I'd share a few magnificent native American finds while I was out walking in these parts.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Very nice, Cheryl! Unfortunately, now that you have 'fessed up to having native artifacts in your possession, someone from the Department-of-You-Shouldn't-Have-That Police will be by to pick them up. :ermm: And, maybe, you. :ohmy: If we don't see you around these parts for a while, we'll take a collection, form a posse, and come get ya!

Those are very cool, Chery! I inherited a few from my grandparents.

We have a friend, who kind of lives "off the grid" who knaps his own arrowheads.

I knew someone would call me on that! :LOL: These were from 20 plus years ago and on private property. Nowadays, I won't even grab a nice rock for my rock garden or pick a desert flower. :ermm:;):LOL:

Last edited:
That is a very nice tribute, Cheryl. So sad that we have to have events like 9/11 to inspire it. :(

A few of my friends posted a message on Facebook suggesting that people stay off of Facebook from 8:46 AM through 10:07 AM. It would be a real tribute if all social media took a break then. Not a problem for me, since nothing in this house "powers up" before noon, me included. Just because I'm on my feet does not mean I am functional...

Thank you, ladies. This pic only shows part of it, there are 1000 flags 'planted' on City Hall grounds. Every year since 9/11 we have a Parade of 1000 Flags down the boulevard - people either sign up to carry one of the city provided flags or bring their own. The townsfolk meet up at Freedom Park afterwards for a ceremony and the flags are re-set in their little cups on the grounds for a week.

CG, I saw that going around FB too....

Last edited:
My latest cake creation - this was for my MIL's birthday on Sunday. It was my first time making hard fondant panels and a molded "box top". The jelly beans are because she always keeps a dish of candies on her counter went the kids come over. It was a challenge as it is out of my comfort zone, but I enjoyed trying something new!

Attachments

• BoxCake1b.jpg
    BoxCake1b.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 133
Back
Top Bottom