Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another pet spider at the front door. This one is much smaller than the other one:
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1442972552.923038.jpg

Sadly, I had to move the lovely girl at the back door, she kept stringing her web so I'd keep having to do the Limbo to get down the steps. And she was attaching the web to one of my hibiscus, which I plan to bring indoors, minus spiders. Hopefully she'll like her new home.

Last edited:
"....the Limbo..." :LOL: I hope she adapts to her new home too, Dawg.

On the other hand, I had to permanently remove 3 black widow spiders from various places in the garage today. Big ones, too. :ermm:

Sounds like you have swallowtails. They are beautiful. Ours here like parsley.

Monarchs are bright orange and black.

We had a lot of dragonflies here this year, love them too.

When I was about four or five, there were a lot of dragonflies every summer on our property. So many, that they created a humming sound as they darted around. My sister told me that they would sew my mouth shut. I spent the whole summer walking around with my mouth wide open. As wide as I could get it. And if I saw one near me, I put my hands over my mouth and ran. I wouldn't take them down until I could get far away from them. :angel:

"....the Limbo..." :LOL: I hope she adapts to her new home too, Dawg.

On the other hand, I had to permanently remove 3 black widow spiders from various places in the garage today. Big ones, too. :ermm:

:eek: Black widows! Hope you had your tongs, Cheryl!

We have them here too, along with brown recluses. Thankfully I haven't encountered any yet.

I'm not concerned about tarantulas down south, they're pretty harmless. A friend in Mexico has to regularily remove them from her house with her dedicated tongs. She discovered one on her pillow. After she woke up.

Last edited:
When I was about four or five, there were a lot of dragonflies every summer on our property. So many, that they created a humming sound as they darted around. My sister told me that they would sew my mouth shut. I spent the whole summer walking around with my mouth wide open. As wide as I could get it. And if I saw one near me, I put my hands over my mouth and ran. I wouldn't take them down until I could get far away from them. :angel:

That's funny, Addie! We also have what we call darning needles, a small variety of dragonfly, with bright blue bodies.

Last edited:

We have them here too, along with brown recluses. Thankfully I haven't encountered any yet.

I'm not concerned about tarantulas down south, they're pretty harmless.

When Pirate was 16, his girlfriend gave him a tarantula as a present for his birthday. Very soft fur. :angel:

That's funny, Addie! We have what we call darning needles, a small variety of dragonfly, with bright blue bodies.

;) :LOL: Don't let them sew your mouth shut. But on the other hand if you have any mending that needs doing, leave it out and maybe they will do it for you. :angel:

When Pirate was 16, his girlfriend gave him a tarantula as a present for his birthday. Very soft fur. :angel:

Glad he got a gentle one. Tarantulas can shoot their hairs and cause skin and eye irritation when they're frightened.

I'm not concerned about tarantulas down south, they're pretty harmless. A friend in Mexico has to regularily remove them from her house with her dedicated tongs. She discovered one on her pillow. After she woke up.

No, I didn't have my tongs but I had a good can of spray. ;) :ohmy: Don't want them around! We don't have the recluses here, but I've heard about them - they do a lot more bodily damage than widows. I'm with ya on the tarantulas - they look scary but are generally very docile creatures. We have lots of them around here out in the desert. Not that I want one for a pet. :ohmy::LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
My corn bread from last night. It was really good. I realized I had no corn meal, so I used masa harina - the finely ground corn used for making tortillas. And I didn't use any wheat flour. I added about a cup of grilled corn kernels and some chopped tomato (I had been planning to use that mixture to make a salad, but didn't get to it). I love the color - I'm going to do that again.

I can't share the method - sorry. It was given to me and I was sworn to secrecy ;)

Attachments

• 1443207733175.jpg
    1443207733175.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 153
In case you missed the Blood Moon eclipse last night. We had too much cloud cover and ambient light to see much.

Attachments

• 1443453711003.jpg
    1443453711003.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 166
My grandson Tyler at his second game of the season yesterday. He was as full of determination as his little 5 year old self could muster up, and hit a home run! :)

He had already started to swing the bat, so his arms look a little off...:)
016.jpg

Home base! He loves baseball SOOO much. I told him when he hits the major leagues he can buy me a big new house. :LOL:
015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom