Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to bed about 4-ish this morning - no snow. Got up around 11 - this is what greeted me! There is about a foot's worth on the round table (there really is an iron mesh table under there) and birds all over the feeders, ground, and trees. That puffball to the left of the male cardinal in the tree in the distance is a mourning dove. I've never seen one that fluffy!
I have seen birds fluff up their feathers in winter. I think it helps keep them warmer.

Here's a commercial building in downtown Oranjestad.

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1454724758.904426.jpg

Looks sorta Disneyesque, Andy. And warm. And a foot less snow than we got today.

Glad to see you're enjoying your vacation. And for sharing it so we can all vacation vicariously.

This is a sunset I took a couple of months ago. One of the most amazing sunsets I've ever seen.

Attachments

• fire in the sky.jpg
    fire in the sky.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 123
We ran into Red Sox shortstop Xander Bogaerts who is from Aruba. He flew from Boston to Aruba with us and we ran into him at a restaurant a few days later. That's SO and our grandson with him. ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1454869899.362110.jpg

Had the presence of mind to take some pictures of our rather heavy, for our region, snowfall last month.

The first picture is our driveway. Well, it IS under there somewhere. The second photo is of our front bird feeder, which is the one I can see and enjoy watching birds from the sofa in the living room.

Attachments

• 016 - Copy.jpg
    016 - Copy.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 120
This is the last of the yearly harvest 2/19/16. The SousChef will plant a new "Celebrity' tomato plant next month. This one plant gave us aprox. 200 tomatoes, most about twice as big as what's pictured with the last harvest.
img_1456259_0_870e3794e749809d46b70beb6f6ca2f1.jpg

Wow, that was one big tomato 'tree', Kay! Very nice. I just went to Home Depot for seedlings today to get some started, but they didn't have any just yet.
Is that a Meyer lemon bush there off to the side?

Wow, that was one big tomato 'tree', Kay! Very nice. I just went to Home Depot for seedlings today to get some started, but they didn't have any just yet.
Is that a Meyer lemon bush there off to the side?

Good description Cheryl. In all it's green summer glory it was indeed a tomato tree that folded itself in half, and grew upside down perfectly happy. We will definitely buy another "Celebrity" plant when they become available in a gallon container. SC is not so patient with seedling. :rolleyes:
The Meyer lemon tree is in the front of the house. That's a dwarf navel orange in the picture.

Back
Top Bottom