Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was doing some black and white conversions for the monthly assignment on a photo website, and this one just really grabbed me. I took this a couple of years ago, and the color version is good, but after converting, adjusting, and cropping, this look really works for me.

I realize that some people just don't get monochrome photos in this age of Instagram and Facebook, but I've always enjoyed viewing some the works of the early master photographers, and I try in my humble way to emulate them.

This is my take on Pilot Peak, on the Montana/Wyoming border east of Yellowstone Park.

Pilot%20Peak-XL.jpg
It's beautiful, Rick. Very dramatic.

...I realize that some people just don't get monochrome photos in this age of Instagram and Facebook...
I have two words for those kind of people: Ansel Adams. ;) Unless you want to toss in a hyphenated name: Margaret Bourke-White. Although I had known of Adams before I met Himself, he was the one who mentioned Bourke-White. I guess I got lucky with one of my photos and it looked like a poor-man's version of hers - the Cleveland Terminal Tower as seen through an arch of a bridge in The Flats.

No matter what "those" people think, I think you have a terrific composition.

I was doing some black and white conversions for the monthly assignment on a photo website, and this one just really grabbed me. I took this a couple of years ago, and the color version is good, but after converting, adjusting, and cropping, this look really works for me.

I realize that some people just don't get monochrome photos in this age of Instagram and Facebook, but I've always enjoyed viewing some the works of the early master photographers, and I try in my humble way to emulate them.

This is my take on Pilot Peak, on the Montana/Wyoming border east of Yellowstone Park.

Pilot%20Peak-XL.jpg

I think black and white monochrome pictures can tell a more intensive story than those in color. When you look at some of the faces taken during the 30's during the Depression, their emotional pain and hopelessness show in those black and white pictures. No words are necessary.

I took a couple of quick cellphone shots just before we left the Night Market that was in Cleveland's old Chinatown area as it was closing up.

Attachments

• 20170825_222647.jpg
    20170825_222647.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 20170825_222708.jpg
    20170825_222708.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 89
HA! Bagged it! Got one up on yuh... You'll never find me. hehehe

Attachments

• Youcantfindme001.jpg
    Youcantfindme001.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Youcantfindme002.jpg
    Youcantfindme002.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Youcantfindme003.jpg
    Youcantfindme003.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 78
Nice view, Charlie! Enjoy your view - and your vacation.

TAT, I love waterfall photos. Very pretty.

Love all of the kitties. I miss having one, but still trying to hold off for "later".

I tried uploading a photo of a portion of downtown Cleveland at night, but the site told me it was too big. Um, it was smaller than many others I've posted. I'll figure that DC is just being ornery right now, and I'll try later! :LOL:

Got to hang out with my granddaughter Sunday. Don't get to see her much. Time flies and before you know it several months have passed.

Uncle Jasper pulled his niece Ava all over in the wagon. They are only a little over a year apart.
5d5034ebe248ef0d534eae995d659ea6.jpg
70c818acf23fa6e03461815a3089f3e8.jpg

Loving all these new pics! The kitty ones crack me up. :LOL: This is one of my fave threads.

Tatt, love the pic of the ol' general store. We have several around here in these parts, your pic reminds me to look some of them up again.

Jon...what cute little babes. :wub:

Charlie...enjoy your vacay. You too, CG...hope to see your pic. :)

Back
Top Bottom