"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-19-2011, 04:22 AM   #1
Master Chef

Rant!

I just spent 4 and a half hours explaining the process of brining turkey, including a brine recipe, with an explanation of the physical processes taking place right down to the cellular level, and injecting a turkey, including how to make a great injecting broth, again with the recipe, explaining how to inject evenly all over the bird, then how to perfectly roast and carve the bird, again with recipes and pictures. Then I explained how to make my favorite rutabaga side dish, explaining what a rutabaga is, and different ways to cook and use it. Then I gave instructions for making a pumpkin pie from scratch, including how to process the pumpkin, and gave the alternate ingredient of canned pumpkin. I was just putting pictures into the blog, and somehow, I did something, and lost it all before it was saved and posted into the blog.

I'm going to bed. I'll post into the blog tomorrow. Four and one-half hours wasted!

I hope your night is going better.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:27 AM   #2
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
I just spent 4 and a half hours explaining the process of brining turkey, including a brine recipe, with an explanation of the physical processes taking place right down to the cellular level, and injecting a turkey, including how to make a great injecting broth, again with the recipe, explaining how to inject evenly all over the bird, then how to perfectly roast and carve the bird, again with recipes and pictures. Then I explained how to make my favorite rutabaga side dish, explaining what a rutabaga is, and different ways to cook and use it. Then I gave instructions for making a pumpkin pie from scratch, including how to process the pumpkin, and gave the alternate ingredient of canned pumpkin. I was just putting pictures into the blog, and somehow, I did something, and lost it all before it was saved and posted into the blog.

I'm going to bed. I'll post into the blog tomorrow. Four and one-half hours wasted!

I hope your night is going better.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Sorry Chief! PITREAR when that happens. I lost an entire care plan tonight when the computer went down at work, trouble was I knew it was going to happen but I wasn't paying attention to the time. I have to go into work later today to finish up what was lost

I'm wide awake, no sign of sleep.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:29 AM   #3
Master Chef

The Pilgrims sure had it easy!