"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
Holistic Foods (U.S.)
I don't think you will find these at any stores. Have to go online to get them. No idea about cost or other things. Only security that the dogs/cats will be safe. No price too high for life of your dog/cat, anything that takes a life.
You will find them at specialty stores. Smaller scale shops, like kennels, herbal or holistic supply stores, groomers.... I know at least for Canidae they have a store locator on their website. Do you live by me? I sell Canidae
Chicken Soup can usually be found at feed stores, Agways.... because it is made by Diamond and that is a popular food at those places.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:13 PM   #12
Head Chef

Sorry pacanis, perhaps I phrased my response too harshly.

I have seen far too many stories that were later changed due to poor reporting.

I have read many stories about this, and the 'pesticide/poison' take is just the latest. There were several other 'causes' for the animal deaths before that.

Was brought up by an old newspaperman who demanded facts and believed little of what he saw in print. He was usually right.

The media has gone craxy these days, and gossip gets printed as fact.

To me, in my experience, this case is not easily explained. And it will take a while for the full truth to come out.

That is all I meant to say. If I ruffled some feathers, I apologize.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:46 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

No apology necessary auntdot. We all know how typing replies often gets a different meaning than intended and I certainly didn't mean to ruffle your feathers either

The way reports are leaked out today and news not always accurate you're right.... a lot of talking goes on trying to piece things together. Like why didn't Walmart pull the products immediately after hearing about the recall, why did Iams want left off the list and a referral to their website issued, why this Canadian co. had to import wheat from China when Canada has a surplus of their own, why isn't EVERY case being reported (I know of six at two different vets myself)...... It's all a jumbled mess and I'm sure going to get more confusing before anything gets sorted out.

The upside is it is educating people that things aren't always as they seem when they see these commercials of bouncy puppies with images of vegetables and farm animals dazzling the TV screen. The pet food industry is a nasty one and one that needs a LOT more govt regulation. But then, pets should no longer be classified as "property" anymore either. They have taken on a much more important role in most people's lives. That Menu has agreed to pay their vet bills should be the least that they do.

Oops, maybe I was on the verge of hysteria there

It's all good
Old 03-24-2007, 01:30 PM   #14
Executive Chef

News

Doesn't this all make a person paranoid? I always want to tell the truth. Maybe what I repeat from the news, isn't.

I would like someone's opinion about dogs. I have two dogs,both are old and afraid of strangers. They run to me rath er than barking like they had in hte past when I had a third dog. Being alone at night bothers me cause we have no lights at night. Now I will be alone for several weeks since they are going out of town. Do I get another dog which may bother the two i now have or should I just wait until they all come to an end? One is completely deaf and blind the other blind and has the diabetes. one is 11 the other is 12. Just would like your opinions since I know you are all dog lovers.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:16 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Hijacked

I didn't what they say 'hijack' a thread did I? Just feel to start topic someplace else not necessary. I am guilty of getting people upset when I discuss extra things. Hope you understand.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #16
Head Chef

I have been getting emails from Petco where I buy Jolie's food. Her food is dry and I add hot water to it to make it moist for her to ear. Thank goodness there is no problem with her food but I really feel sorry for the animals that died.

This world that we live in is filled with really sick people and to think that someone put Rat Poison is the food is unbelievable.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
I`d still like to know FTW everyone`s on about!?????

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:19 PM   #18
Executive Chef

News

Quote:
Originally Posted by YT2095
what are we on about here? can anyone cite any sources?
I`m totaly Lost!

Have you heard about the people having their pets die from the wet dog/cat food they are feeding them? It has been all over the news about the RAT POISON. Do you have pets? Are you feeding them 'wet' canned food?
Old 03-24-2007, 08:01 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
I didn't what they say 'hijack' a thread did I? Just feel to start topic someplace else not necessary. I am guilty of getting people upset when I discuss extra things. Hope you understand.
Hmmm, maybe..... is it possible to hijack your own thread?

"I would like someone's opinion about dogs. I have two dogs,both are old and afraid of strangers. They run to me rath er than barking like they had in hte past when I had a third dog. Being alone at night bothers me cause we have no lights at night. Now I will be alone for several weeks since they are going out of town. Do I get another dog which may bother the two i now have or should I just wait until they all come to an end? One is completely deaf and blind the other blind and has the diabetes. one is 11 the other is 12. Just would like your opinions since I know you are all dog lovers."

I'm not sure I understand. Your two dogs are going out of town and you want to add a third while they're gone?
I'd be happy to offer my opinions once I know exactly what you mean. This thread or different one.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:16 PM   #20
Head Chef

mr. callie and i sell dog and cat food. we researched and were very happy with Natura Pet Products. They make Innova, California Natural and Health Wise. I encourage anyone interested to Google Natura Pet Products to find their website and check it out.

I agree with In the Kitchen that our pets are important members of our families and should be treated accordingly.

callie is offline   Reply With Quote