Rats! Rats! Rats!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
I broke the little "on" switch for my PC, so now I'm upstairs on daughter's computer.

Eeeny weeny screen, slower than molasses, and the keyboard is balanced precariously.

HH had better come home soon and sort this out.
icon9.gif

Well, it's better than what I first thought when I saw the topic of this thread.:LOL: I'm glad you don't have a rat infestation but do hope you get your 'puter fixed soon! Hubby fixed my parents' with a little super glue and avoided them having to pay for a new button. I'll ask him what exactly was broken and maybe it will help you, too.

those are pretty easy to fix 'bug. hh should be able to do it. the internal switch is probably standard, but the plastic bits are propietary to the case manufacturer.
you could always jam (an insulated) screwdriver in the hole to see if the switch still works.

Rats!

At least this got our attention. I was hoping it was something of a mistake. But I guess it does make you wish it were rats. I can't really say had any experience with them.

I saw the RATS RATS RATS and then my eyes jumped over and saw
IN THE KITCHEN...

I read it all at once as RATS IN THE KITCHEN... ICK!!

I'm glad it's just a "puter" problem that can be fixed!!

Rats in the kitchen & bugs in the 'puter. :ROFLMAO:

Our 'on' switch hasn't worked in years. The poor 'puter is on 24/7. It reboots automatically after power failure when the power is restored.

If it is shutdown, we just turn off the power switch at the back of the box, leave it for 30 secs the back on and away we go.

Get hubby to set this up in bios. Waste of time changing switches.

Last edited:
well, here''s what I'm doin:

Got Dad's old laptop (which I ended up getting for free,, BTW) going, but apparently I need to load up on some virus protections, and I need to figure out how to make this wireless mouse work, and how to plug a real keyboard in so I can type real fast like usual.

Hey, at least I'm here....for now.

p.s. "rats" was my ladylike way of expressing frustration. sorry about the confusion.

Last edited:
PA Baker said:
Well, it's better than what I first thought when I saw the topic of this thread.:LOL:
In "Off Topic Chat" I didn't give the topic a second thought (I say "rats" a lot too!), but if I had seen it under "Meat" or "Game" I might have wondered!

:) Barbara

lindatooo said:
Echoing PA's message! There are worse things!:chef:

You can bet your life on that.
Just be careful of what you break...:LOL: DH fell again Sunday..I had to brace myself and pull him up. It's a wonder I didn't go down..should have called a neighbor now that I think about it.
Marge

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom