"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Staff certainly plays a role in how they execute the methodology of the business...I've just never seen a KFC francise that executed it ...to my liking anyway. The chicken is always greasy, and too salty...not to mention it's hard to find skin that has "bite through" much less crispy! It usually comes completely off with the first couple of bites...Popeyes is not always perfect...On a couple of occasions I've not been pleased with their product either...However 99% of the time, they hit a home run ~~ KFC certainly has name recognition, and the reputation with 15,000 + locations world wide.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #22
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Sorry to barge in on your convo, but when I worked there, all of the salads came pre made in 20 litre pails. They were just scooped out into the salad bar.
I was just stating what I had been told (and didn't claim more than that). I don't know if this guy worked at a KFC restaurant or somewhere else in the company.

It's everyone's conversation, so you're not barging in.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #23
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
LT, I'm curious where this document came from. I can't imagine KFC made their secret recipe is available online.

I got it the same place i get all of my e-books

Free Cookbooks | The Food & Cooking Network | Cookbook Recipes

I offer it for your perusal only.......... obviously I can't vouch for the veracity of any of the information; haven't tested any, matter of fact, I detest KFC................but I won't allow my opinion to interfere with a conversation........
Old 01-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #24
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckytrim View Post
I got it the same place i get all of my e-books

Free Cookbooks | The Food & Cooking Network | Cookbook Recipes

I offer it for your perusal only.......... obviously I can't vouch for the veracity of any of the information; haven't tested any, matter of fact, I detest KFC................but I won't allow my opinion to interfere with a conversation........

Thanks for posting it. It generated a good deal of discussion. Now we know how a number of members feel about KFC.

I got suspicious because the recipes were not for restaurant quantities, just one or two chickens. Also, of course, because secret recipes are secret.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #25
Head Chef

I used to love kfc gravy so much that I quit making my own. Whenever I wanted gravy I bought it from kfc. But over the years it has changed until now it just tastes like wallpaper paste. So sad.