Ready for Christmas ? What else to do ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Finally getting down to the wire, still have to bake my cookies, (dough in the fridge), re-do my Chex Mix -(not enough flavor). Wrapped last night, made peanut brittle, and started loaf of NY bread. No heavy duty cleaning - Santa likes the "lived in" feel -very homey ! :santa: How about YOU ?

all presents are wrapped
2 batches of fudge and peanut brittle done
made 4 coffee cakes for gifts
6 loaves of bread. (few freind love my bread and wanted them for Xmas)
our big night is Christmas eve with parents.
got to make big pan of stuff shells for that
christmas day is quite just me and hubbie- making roast beef dinner for us and then going to daughter for little while so grankids can show us what santa brought.
Im more then ready.
Happy Holidays to all and Be safe Wherever you made travel

still have to get gifts for dad, my bro, and one last one for dw. what the heck is a dooney and burke handbag?

and everything still needs to be wrapped. :(

at least i'm 1/2 way done putting my boy's gifts together in the basement. now i just have to figure out how to get them up 2 flights of narrow stairs.

grrrrrr, fat guy in a chimney, yeah right. how about a fat dad stuck in a stairway...

well I picked up the soon to be Roast Beast from the butchers this morning, I`m letting the bread stuffing (sage/onion) cool so I can add the sausage meat and chopped chestnuts to make the stuffing balls, the DW has to go out and drop off a few presents, and while she`s doing that, I can pop out and buy her a card and present (still no idea what to get!!!!!).
beyond that, there`s nothing left for me to do except the cooking :)

I'm going to start myself a Christmas journal for next year. I will jot down whatever I hear from family and friends what they like, want, etc, so next time I will have a very good idea of just the right present. AND, I will get the gifts long before the hysteria starts. Should I have put this under resolutions? Nah, it won't be my resolution for a year - it will be an entire change for me.

Making a cheesecake today to take to my sister's house on Monday. Headed to my daughter's tomorrow for Christmas Eve celebration.

That's it.

Wow! Everyone sounds set! Bucky - Dooney and Burke is a type of handbag sold at major department stores. Go to a nicer store and they should have them. Good luck picking out a style though.

I am going food shopping today (I know, I'm very late). I am going to the italian market for the good stuff and the major chain for the staples. I am make another batch of cookies today. Tomorrow will be assembly/organization day and Christmas will be cooking!

Good luck to everyone and Merry Christmas!

YT2095 said:
the DW has to go out and drop off a few presents, and while she`s doing that, I can pop out and buy her a card and present (still no idea what to get!!!!!).

well... the deed is done!, and even tho I asked Santa Not to make me go into a womens clothes shop, I was somewaht forced to (other than the Co-Op, all the other shops were closed).
So... off I go into the Co-Op and by a roll of wrapping paper and the cards (one from me one from my daughter) and then off to the Girly shop *Sigh*
Happily it was Empty;) so I went to the girl at the counter and asked for help blah blah blah, and had several items bought, then I asked her, erm... is it ok to wrap these exactly as you folded them? (give "little boy lost" look), playing the "useless Male" card, and then she offered to wrap them for me, so I handed over the paper I`de bought a few mins prior and she did :cool:

so Lads, Fluttering eyelashes and looking all innocent works BOTH ways :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I had a couple things to get at the grocery store today but dh is working and it's snowing, so I had him take the car. When he came in this morning to ask if he should take it or if we should drive him in, I told him I had to hit the store. He said he'd gladly pick up whatever I needed and I told him "I'm afraid you'll get the wrong thing." :LOL: It's like when he sends me to the hardware store.

I suppose I'll start cooking something today, I hadn't planned on cooking since I was going to go into town but you gotta roll with the punches. I'll attempt at making fudge and maybe brocolli rice casserole today. Just keeping us all from going crazy will be an accomplishment. :LOL: Hopefully we can go outside and play.

After the kids go down for bed tonight, I'll wrap gifts and fold the laundry while watching Love Actually.

Lots of wrapping left to do. It's takes me many hours to get things wrapped. And cooking, of course.

Pretty much all done. Waiting for a batch of brownies to cool so I can frost them and sprinkle crushed candy canes on top and take them to the neighbors.

MIL's mince pie is cooled off. Her birthday presents are wrapped.

Tomorrow I'll make crewsk's Pumpkin Crunch Cake for dessert on Christmas day.

I'm sure SIL want to go shopping somewhere tomorrow.

HH is napping, daughter is out with her best friend, and I'm enjoying the calm before the storm. It's ridiculously warm here today and all the windows are open.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

We made the last grocery run this morning (Saturday). Our local supermarket had nice bone-in pork loin chops for $2.50 a pound. We'll finsh cleaning and straightening today. Tomorrow (Christmas Eve) we'll bake an apple pie and wrap the gifts. Other than that we're pretty much done.

Except for the immediate family, most gifts have been distributed. I baked my Christmas bread and yule log cake today while DH helped with the general cleaning of the house. So all set to attend 3 masses, that is, Sunday morning mass, Christmas midnight mass in the catholic church and Christmas Day morning mass in the orthodox church all within a space of less than 24 hours! Phew!! Then it's time to let my hair down and have a good time.

:santa:SANTA COMES TONIGHT !! WOO - HOO -- Only a few things to do today - make by twice baked potatoes and egg casserole - for tomorrow ! Spending day with grandsons (9 & 2 yrs.) ! Then Relaxxxxxxx ! Merry Christmas All !

I'm sharing cooking duties with my daughter and will take things to her house for Christmas eve and Christmas day. Everything seems under control....uh oh better watch out for that one, lol.
Cookies are baked. I get to do the baked brie for tonight and the mexican dip and the shrimp cocktail. Tomorrow I will be doing the parmasan scalloped potatoes.
Right now I'm doing the dough for the cinnamon buns for Christmas breakfast. I use a "cool-rise" method and will just have to pop them in the oven in the AM. How cool is that?
Merry Christmas!
Linda

A friend and I share holiday "duties" ..... I do Thanksgiving and an early-season party. She does Christmas dinner and a late-season party. So by Christmas I'm pretty much finished with my holiday duties!! Thank heaven we've all gotten away from the buy-buy-buy aspect of the holidays, we're into the eat-drink-and-be-merry aspects!

Back
Top Bottom