"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-23-2006, 10:35 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Well, I was going to post a vent but it all of a sudden seems rather trivial. I am so sorry Reanie. It's a very difficult thing and it takes a support system - part of which you know you have here. Just love your Mom, plain and simple!

(About your pm's Reanie - you might need to delete your inbox and out box).

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:25 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Saying a prayer for your family.

Old 11-23-2006, 07:10 PM   #13
Master Chef

Oh Reanie, I'm so so sorry!!
There is a website that has members that are survivors and others that are going through this. Maybe you and your mom could check it out and see if it helps any to talk to people that have gone, or are going through the same as your family.
This is a link to the support group online.

http://lungcanceralliance.org/facing/support.html
Old 11-23-2006, 07:54 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Reanie, you dont necessarily have to take a negative approach. Could your mom possibly have an operation to remove part of her lobe that is infected? Could she then have chemo or radiation? Dont give up hope.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:10 PM   #15
Master Chef

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. God Bless you both and give you both strenght.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:44 AM   #16
Sous Chef

Send a message via ICQ to Gossie Send a message via Yahoo to Gossie
I just lost my brother last friday to stomach cancer. We knew it ahead of time, doesn't make it any easier. You know each one of us is going to go sometime, with cancer, it's just a matter of when. One thing I noticed, if you don't know when you're going (like everyone thinking you're going to live to 100), you put everything off. With knowing that Richie was going to pass some time this year, he did things that he wanted, like taking a cruise around the lighthouses or riding a motorcycle or quad-riding. :-)
Old 11-24-2006, 10:03 AM   #17
Master Chef

I'm so sorry, Reanie. Try contacting the American Cancer Society. They have wonderful information and support groups.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:15 AM   #18
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
sending you lots of hugs and prayers, Reanie.

Like others have said, love her lots and cherish the time you still have together.

None of us is promised tomorrow.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:09 PM   #19
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
Michael W. Smith wrote a song that though it was specific to the Columbine incident, I think it applicible to many other situations, like this one.

"This is your time; this is your dance. Live every moment, leave nothing to chance. Swim in the sea, drink of the deep, embrace the mystery of all you can be. This is your time."

While the language is more intended for the person struggling, it is applicible to those loved ones supporting them as well.

Make every moment count. Recall the fond memories made, and make as many more as possible in the time remaining. Don't hold back anything, anything at all. Feelings, emotions, wishes, desires, and whatever else. If it can be done, and wants to be done, follow the slogan from Nike and just do it! Do whatever it takes to make it happen. The tangible material things of the earth fail, fade, and crumble, but the intangible things like memories last forever.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:10 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Look That One UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog
Michael W. Smith wrote a song that though it was specific to the Columbine incident, I think it applicible to many other situations, like this one.

"This is your time; this is your dance. Live every moment, leave nothing to chance. Swim in the sea, drink of the deep, embrace the mystery of all you can be. This is your time."

While the language is more intended for the person struggling, it is applicible to those loved ones supporting them as well.

Make every moment count. Recall the fond memories made, and make as many more as possible in the time remaining. Don't hold back anything, anything at all. Feelings, emotions, wishes, desires, and whatever else. If it can be done, and wants to be done, follow the slogan from Nike and just do it! Do whatever it takes to make it happen. The tangible material things of the earth fail, fade, and crumble, but the intangible things like memories last forever.
These words made me feel good. Going to have to look that one up. do you know th title of the album? You like him as a singer?