Reanie's Mom (moved from Venting)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What can I say ?? Having just gone through this I think what every one else has said rings true.
i an so sorry, just let her know how much you love her and hold her close whenever you can.
Marge

I would just like to say thanks to all of you - Your kind words and support have helped me more than I can say - God Bless you all - Please keep praying for my mom as she is not doing well at this time - Irene

I know how your feeling right now............my mom was diagnosed Nov. 19th 2003 with Stage IV Lung Cancer that had spread to her bones....she ultimately passed away 2 months to the day she was diagnosed. She'd been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer the year prior and was given a clean bill of health only 6 months prior to the terminal diagnoses.....thats how fast the cancer returned and spread like crazy.

For me personally, I moved my family in to my parents home and cared for her around the clock. It was the hardest but rewarding time of my life. I can tell you it was a true test of my faith and strength. I still can't believe I got through it but by the grace of God I survived.

Now is the time to talk openly with your mother about things you've always wanted to say or know.

I'd lost my brother suddenly 10 years prior to her death and I wasn't sure which was harder...........not getting the chance to say goodbye or watching my loved one suffer. In the end I thanked God for letting me say my goodbyes and giving me the strength to care for her.

Stay strong and lean on your family and friends for support. Don't think you can handle it on your own. I tried and it about broke me. If you need to talk please feel free to pm me.

I'll pray for her and for you and your family.

Irene (Reanie), I will continue to pray for you and your dear mother. What Sizzlin said is great advice, " now is the time to talk openly with your mother about things you've always wanted to say or know". I wish I had done that with my parents. May god bless you and your mother during this very difficult period in your lives.

I just wanted to say Thank you again to all of you. My mom has been very tired and as to be expected depressed. She is going for a CT/dye scan today..Then depending on these results either surgery or chemo - My mom is a breast cancer survivor so hopefully she will beat this as well - Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers!

Your Mom

You got it Reanie. Have had her in my prayers and know she is in good hands. As long as you are near she will feel good. I have to turn things over to God as He knows best what is needed. I ask that He walk w/both of you today.

Hold on thight Reanie,
you have all the thoughts and the prayers I can send to you and your mom...Please know, that all of us are here are thinking of the two of you and will gladly do what we can to ease your burden.
kadesma

Reanie my prayers and best wishes are with you and your mom. All we can do is turn it over to God.

I will say a prayer for you and your mom today.

OK - Here we go - My mom is having surgery tomorrow to remove a part of her lung that has cancer. I am so worried and can not sleep...just wish I was not all alone right now.. I could use a great big hug and some company. I am upset that my so called BF could not even bother to offer to come over and told me that I was worrying about nothing and that everything would be fine...I truly hope it is a sucessfull operation...but can not believe he could not take the time to be here for me.

Dear Reanie,

You must be so scared and worried. You and your mom will be in my prayers tonight. Please know that you are not alone. Please lets us know how she is doing when the surgery is over. I send you a cyber hug from across the sea.

With Warm Aloha, Linda

My mom is having surgery today at 7am. I am so scared of what could happen. I can not sleep and can not keep the thought of something going wrong with the surgery. It is especially hard as a friend of ours just died of lung cancer and the viewing is tomorrow. I feel so alone and wish I had someone here just to hold me and hear me vent my feelings. My entire family on my moms side died before the age of 60 due to cancer.. My mom is 65 and has outlived them all. It is especially dangerous as she has emphazema and a past history of two TIA's and a hear attack as well. Please pray for her and for all of those of love her. We need all the support we can get. I am so glad I can get this out of my system by knowing I have true support on here. Thank you all - Irene

wasabi said:
Dear Reanie,

You must be so scared and worried. You and your mom will be in my prayers tonight. Please know that you are not alone. Please lets us know how she is doing when the surgery is over. I send you a cyber hug from across the sea.

With Warm Aloha, Linda
Thank you - For caring and being there - I feel like I am not all alone. Just knowing that you are here with me in spirit means more than I can say:)

Last edited:
Irene,
try to rest,that way you can be fully there for your mom. She needs clear thinking right now and you will be the one to supply that for her. I've been praying for your family and you and your mom...You wil continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as long as you need them and then some. I wish I were able to just hold your hand or sit by your side during this..I will be there though in thought...just remember your loved.
kadesma

Reanie, hope everything turns out well for your mum. You have my prayers and good wishes. It's normal to feel worried and anxious over the prospect of her surgery but I do believe it's a wise decision and everything should work out fine. If for one reason or another, your BF does not give you the comfort and support you badly need, so be it. At least you have DC members to give you the strength and courage to see you through.

Reanie525i said:
OK - Here we go - My mom is having surgery tomorrow to remove a part of her lung that has cancer. I am so worried and can not sleep...just wish I was not all alone right now.. I could use a great big hug and some company. I am upset that my so called BF could not even bother to offer to come over and told me that I was worrying about nothing and that everything would be fine...I truly hope it is a sucessfull operation...but can not believe he could not take the time to be here for me.
Honey,
some people are terrified of illness and do just aobout anything to avoid dealing with it.You accept it in them and forgive the fear or you just move on.I know his not being there hurts and it will alwaysirritate you unless he is able to get by it. Right now warm hugs are coming to you ..There are plans for you and your mom that you don't know about yet..Accept them as best you can, cherish these moments illness and all..Hang on to the love you have for your mom and God's will be done.
I'm here anytime you need a shoulder or a hug.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom