"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #21
DC Grandma

What can I say ?? Having just gone through this I think what every one else has said rings true.
i an so sorry, just let her know how much you love her and hold her close whenever you can.
Marge

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 06:47 PM   #22
Executive Chef

We're with you Reanie. Warm hugs to you and your mom.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:16 PM   #23
Sous Chef

I would just like to say thanks to all of you - Your kind words and support have helped me more than I can say - God Bless you all - Please keep praying for my mom as she is not doing well at this time - Irene
Old 11-30-2006, 01:32 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
More prayers are being sent. Hugs too.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:00 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Lots and lots of prayers are being sent your way along with nice warm hugs.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:47 PM   #26
Master Chef

I know how your feeling right now............my mom was diagnosed Nov. 19th 2003 with Stage IV Lung Cancer that had spread to her bones....she ultimately passed away 2 months to the day she was diagnosed. She'd been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer the year prior and was given a clean bill of health only 6 months prior to the terminal diagnoses.....thats how fast the cancer returned and spread like crazy.

For me personally, I moved my family in to my parents home and cared for her around the clock. It was the hardest but rewarding time of my life. I can tell you it was a true test of my faith and strength. I still can't believe I got through it but by the grace of God I survived.

Now is the time to talk openly with your mother about things you've always wanted to say or know.

I'd lost my brother suddenly 10 years prior to her death and I wasn't sure which was harder...........not getting the chance to say goodbye or watching my loved one suffer. In the end I thanked God for letting me say my goodbyes and giving me the strength to care for her.

Stay strong and lean on your family and friends for support. Don't think you can handle it on your own. I tried and it about broke me. If you need to talk please feel free to pm me.

I'll pray for her and for you and your family.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:01 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Irene (Reanie), I will continue to pray for you and your dear mother. What Sizzlin said is great advice, " now is the time to talk openly with your mother about things you've always wanted to say or know". I wish I had done that with my parents. May god bless you and your mother during this very difficult period in your lives.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Reanie, best advice is above. I will keep you and your mom and family in my thoughts.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:41 AM   #29
Sous Chef

I just wanted to say Thank you again to all of you. My mom has been very tired and as to be expected depressed. She is going for a CT/dye scan today..Then depending on these results either surgery or chemo - My mom is a breast cancer survivor so hopefully she will beat this as well - Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #30
Executive Chef

Your Mom

You got it Reanie. Have had her in my prayers and know she is in good hands. As long as you are near she will feel good. I have to turn things over to God as He knows best what is needed. I ask that He walk w/both of you today.